Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > System Mechanic, problems?

System Mechanic, problems?

JF

I recently installed Sys Mech Pro6 in my XP box. I don't know if it is
causing the differences I'm experiencing or not. Everything seems to
take longer to open especially MS Office files. It just doesn't feel
right anymore and hangs up on occasion, Quicktime will lock up and
refuse to let me end task so I have to reboot. The reason I installed
Sys Mech was to snap things up a bit but it almost feels like it's
slower. I had to reinstall some software also after installing Sys
Mech, Office was one.

Suggestions?
JohnF

Xp Pro updated
Sempron +2800
1 Gb ram 333mhz bus
300Gb HD

Kenny

I use SM 5 and have no problems with it. I have heard that V6 is very
bloated and decided not to move up to it.

--
Kenny Cargill

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

"JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently installed Sys Mech Pro6 in my XP box. I don't know if it is
> causing the differences I'm experiencing or not. Everything seems to
> take longer to open especially MS Office files. It just doesn't feel
> right anymore and hangs up on occasion, Quicktime will lock up and
> refuse to let me end task so I have to reboot. The reason I installed
> Sys Mech was to snap things up a bit but it almost feels like it's
> slower. I had to reinstall some software also after installing Sys
> Mech, Office was one.
>
> Suggestions?
> JohnF
>
> Xp Pro updated
> Sempron +2800
> 1 Gb ram 333mhz bus
> 300Gb HD

-------------
Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

x@y

"JF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
..
>I recently installed Sys Mech Pro6 in my XP box. I don't know if it is
> causing the differences I'm experiencing or not. Everything seems to
> take longer to open especially MS Office files. It just doesn't feel
> right anymore and hangs up on occasion, Quicktime will lock up and
> refuse to let me end task so I have to reboot. The reason I installed
> Sys Mech was to snap things up a bit but it almost feels like it's
> slower. I had to reinstall some software also after installing Sys
> Mech, Office was one.
>
> Suggestions?
> JohnF
>
> Xp Pro updated
> Sempron +2800
> 1 Gb ram 333mhz bus
> 300Gb HD

Hello JF,
I also had Problems with Version 6,
One annoying popup telling me it could not connect to
the Internet, of course could not connect, I use dial-up
service. Then it was telling me I had no Firewall,
When I had Panda Platinum Internet Security, up and
running. My Advice is to clean Uninstall and Live Happy.
I did. As performance goes is "Useless"

Try the URL below and see what other Users have to say:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/review/957499743/1/view

Good Luck, x@y

JohnF

Uninstalled Sys Mech 6 pro and my speed is back. Progs respond the way
they used to.

JohnF