Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Antivirus 2004 will not uninstall

Norton Antivirus 2004 will not uninstall

dingalingdeb

Hi; I have aTravelMate 2300 acer, windows xp and it was set up with Norton
Antivirus when I received it as a gift. I now have this problem:
Liveupdates won't download and error - LU1875 'This update failed during it'
preprosessing welcome text phase'. I am practically computer illiterate and
have tried to fix this problem by uninstalling Norton Antivirus, but it
won't let me uinstall. Obviously I have to fix the problem before I can
uninstall Norton 2004 - and change to 'avast'. Can anyone advise how I can
get rid of this error?

tia

dingaling

old man

From an earlier post
http://basconotw.mvps.org/SymRem.htm

"dingalingdeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi; I have aTravelMate 2300 acer, windows xp and it was set up with

Norton
> Antivirus when I received it as a gift. I now have this problem:
> Liveupdates won't download and error - LU1875 'This update failed during

it'
> preprosessing welcome text phase'. I am practically computer illiterate

and
> have tried to fix this problem by uninstalling Norton Antivirus, but it
> won't let me uinstall. Obviously I have to fix the problem before I can
> uninstall Norton 2004 - and change to 'avast'. Can anyone advise how I can
> get rid of this error?
>
> tia
>
> dingaling

why?

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:52:27 GMT, dingalingdeb wrote:

>Hi; I have aTravelMate 2300 acer, windows xp and it was set up with Norton
>Antivirus when I received it as a gift. I now have this problem:
>Liveupdates won't download and error - LU1875 'This update failed during it'
>preprosessing welcome text phase'. I am practically computer illiterate and
>have tried to fix this problem by uninstalling Norton Antivirus, but it
>won't let me uinstall. Obviously I have to fix the problem before I can
>uninstall Norton 2004 - and change to 'avast'. Can anyone advise how I can
>get rid of this error?

Look on the Norton AV webpages for instructions on how to manually
remove NAV. THere is IIRC a removal tool.

A quick www.google.com search - norton antivirus 2004 remove
gives , rhis list to search
http://www.google.com/search?q=norto...us+2004+remove
resulting in

Removing Norton AntiVirus 2003 or earlier by using the Rnav2003 ...
In the section "Remove Norton AntiVirus 2005/2004 installed as a
stand-alone product or as a part of Norton SystemWorks 2005/2004 or
Norton Internet ...
http://service1.symantec.com/support...01092114452606 -
40k - Cached - Similar pages

Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2004
Uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 or Norton AntiVirus 2004
Professional ... This document explains how to remove Norton AntiVirus
from the computer, ...
http://service1.symantec.com/Support...03090415405206 -
30k - Cached - Similar pages

There are other links to other sources a swell.

Me