Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ATX 12V connector?

ATX 12V connector?

Kenny

MSI m/b which has the socket for the 4 pin 12V ATX CPU power connector. CPU
is Athlon XP 2000.
Odd thing is that it works either with this connected or without, how come
and which way should I leave it?

--
Kenny Cargill

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

-------------
Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

john

What does the manual say? Do what it says.

--
Kenny - www.ComputerBoom.com

-Arthur C. Clarke
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MSI m/b which has the socket for the 4 pin 12V ATX CPU power connector.
> CPU is Athlon XP 2000.
> Odd thing is that it works either with this connected or without, how come
> and which way should I leave it?
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill
>
> "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."
>

> -------------
> Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

PC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MSI m/b which has the socket for the 4 pin 12V ATX CPU power connector.
> CPU is Athlon XP 2000.
> Odd thing is that it works either with this connected or without, how come
> and which way should I leave it?
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill
>
> "Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."
>

> -------------
> Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

Kenny

The extra connector supplys extra current if the CPU installed needs it.
I would tend to leave it connected on the basis that it spreads the load.

Cheers
Paul.

Kenny

Thanks for the replies, will leave it connected.

--
Kenny Cargill

"Cigarettes are killers that travel in packs."

news:YYz_f.12291$(E-Mail Removed)...

Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com