Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Double-click Word doc; prompts me for regexrename.exe (Word 2003; Win2000)

Double-click Word doc; prompts me for regexrename.exe (Word 2003; Win2000)

L Mehl

Hello --

When I double-click on a .doc file I receive the following in a dialog box:

Program Not Found
-------
Windows cannot find regexrename.exe

This program is needed for opening files
of type 'DOC File'.

Location of regexrename.exe:
c:\______________

If I start Word first and then open the doc file, the file opens OK.

I recall installing regexrename.exe, which I used for bulk renaming of
files.

Does anyone know how it might now be "related" to .doc files?

Thanks for any help.

Larry Mehl

beenthere

"L Mehl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sow_f.14772$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> Hello --
>
> When I double-click on a .doc file I receive the following in a dialog
> box:

> Program Not Found
> -------
> Windows cannot find regexrename.exe
>
> This program is needed for opening files
> of type 'DOC File'.
>
> Location of regexrename.exe:
> c:\______________
>
> If I start Word first and then open the doc file, the file opens OK.
>

> I recall installing regexrename.exe, which I used for bulk renaming of
> files.
>
> Does anyone know how it might now be "related" to .doc files?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Larry Mehl

Assign Word to open `.doc` files. Rt\click on a `.doc` file, open with,
and tick the box to always open this with.
At the moment the files are assigned to open with regexname.exe.

L Mehl

beenthere --

Thanks. I see no check box for "always". Is that a Win XP feature?

In Explorer > Tools > Options > File Types
doc files are set to open with Word.

Larry

news:Rnx_f.5968$(E-Mail Removed)...