Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION

DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION

SoundBytes

Hi
I have a folder which I download to or save music etc, for some reason
when I try to open the folder lately I get a message DATA EXECUTION
PREVENTION, windows is closing this program, if I click OK, my desktop
refreshes.

Any help would be great

Thanks people

Gordon

beenthere

"SoundBytes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Egd_f.1937$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have a folder which I download to or save music etc, for some reason
> when I try to open the folder lately I get a message DATA EXECUTION
> PREVENTION, windows is closing this program, if I click OK, my desktop
> refreshes.
>
> Any help would be great
>
> Thanks people
>
> Gordon

Hi G. A good article abour it here:
http://www.updatexp.com/data-execution-prevention.html
Read it through.

SoundBytes

IT WORKED.......THANKS

"beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zkd_f.1807$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "SoundBytes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Egd_f.1937$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> I have a folder which I download to or save music etc, for some
>> reason when I try to open the folder lately I get a message DATA
>> EXECUTION PREVENTION, windows is closing this program, if I click OK, my
>> desktop refreshes.
>>
>> Any help would be great
>>
>> Thanks people
>>
>> Gordon

> Hi G. A good article abour it here:
> http://www.updatexp.com/data-execution-prevention.html
> Read it through.

beenthere

"SoundBytes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lFd_f.38547$(E-Mail Removed)...
> IT WORKED.......THANKS

Well done that man <g>.>