Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Antivirus choice: F-Secure's rootkit scanning vs Trend Micro

Antivirus choice: F-Secure's rootkit scanning vs Trend Micro

ellis_jay

Mara wrote:
> On 8 Apr 2006 07:41:45 -0700, "Mizter T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> ellis_jay wrote:

>>> Go with Trend Micro.

>> I've also subsequently had NOD32 antivirus very highly recommended
>> [1], and Kapersky antivirus also highly recommended. The upcoming
>> version 6 of Kapersky is supposed to have rootkit scanning
>> capabilities but it isn't released yet and I'm keen to get this all
>> sorted out ASAP.
>>
>> Anyone any thoughts on either of these apps?
>>

>> [1] http://www.nod32.com/

> I wouldn't have a problem running Kapersky's suite - we run their AV
> at work. For now, if it's rootkits you're worried about, run this:
>
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...tRevealer.html

I use this tool as well as blacklight

> BUT please read and take to heart what the site says *first.*

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay