Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual Core vs. Pentium M

Dual Core vs. Pentium M

McWideGlide

Hey guys,
I'm in the market for a new laptop for school use. I haven't been looking
very long, but I like Dell's e1705 so far. It runs a 2.0ghz intel dual
core. I don't have a choice whether its dual core or not, but what are the
pro's and cons that you guys have found from experience with a dual core
processor? Is it a noticeable difference? Thanks for any advice or tips
you give.

Jon

john

do you run faster with one leg or 2?

--
Kenny - www.ComputerBoom.com

-Arthur C. Clarke
--
"McWideGlide" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OhIYf.151$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> Hey guys,
> I'm in the market for a new laptop for school use. I haven't been looking
> very long, but I like Dell's e1705 so far. It runs a 2.0ghz intel dual
> core. I don't have a choice whether its dual core or not, but what are
> the pro's and cons that you guys have found from experience with a dual
> core processor? Is it a noticeable difference? Thanks for any advice or
> tips you give.
>
> Jon

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=22?=

McWideGlide wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I'm in the market for a new laptop for school use. I haven't been looking
> very long, but I like Dell's e1705 so far. It runs a 2.0ghz intel dual
> core. I don't have a choice whether its dual core or not, but what are the
> pro's and cons that you guys have found from experience with a dual core
> processor? Is it a noticeable difference? Thanks for any advice or tips
> you give.
>
> Jon

I don't know about all the pro's and con's of the processor question.
But I do know that if you want to receive any technical support from
Dell over the phone, you should know how to speak Hindi. It is a good
language to learn anyway. Michael Dell is an Indian and he only likes
to use people that live in India as tech support, he likes to keep it
in the country, it's good for the economy.

Alt