Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Burn/Copy Audio CD Advice Please

Reply
Thread Tools

Burn/Copy Audio CD Advice Please

 
 
ang&bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-31-2006
I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
Books for my Aunt.
Many thanks bob.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JANA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2006
Many of the stand alone CD players have trouble to play CD's burned with a
computer CD writer. The commercially made CD disks are pressed, not burned
with a laser. Sometimes, burning the CD at a very slow burn speed will make
it easier to play.

Some of the newer model CD players are designed to be able to play computer
burned CD disks. You may have to get her a newer model CD player to be able
to play computer burned CD disks.

--

JANA
_____


"ang&bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ENiXf.9924$(E-Mail Removed)...
I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
Books for my Aunt.
Many thanks bob.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spuds
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2006
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
>able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
>not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
>burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
>Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
>for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
>Books for my Aunt.
>Many thanks bob.


What software are you using?
--

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Reply With Quote
 
Margolotta
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2006
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 01:13:30 +0100, JANA wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed)>):

> Many of the stand alone CD players have trouble to play CD's burned with a
> computer CD writer. The commercially made CD disks are pressed, not burned
> with a laser. Sometimes, burning the CD at a very slow burn speed will make
> it easier to play.
>
> Some of the newer model CD players are designed to be able to play computer
> burned CD disks. You may have to get her a newer model CD player to be able
> to play computer burned CD disks.
>
>


I've never had a problem with CDs burnt using iTunes (albeit Mac iTunes,
never used it on a PC). I tried many brands of discs, before settling on one
I really liked (and which has never made a coaster) - Infiniti Samurai. Their
DVDs are excellent, too.They brighten up the CD wallet too! ;o)

 
Reply With Quote
 
dadiOH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2006
ang&bob wrote:
> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some
> Talking Books for my Aunt.
> Many thanks bob.


Those are data formats. Tell your burning program you want to make an
audio disc, not data.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico


 
Reply With Quote
 
ang&bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2006
Spuds wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
>> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
>> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
>> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
>> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
>> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
>> Books for my Aunt.
>> Many thanks bob.

>
> What software are you using?
> --
>
> There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Software is New Tech Infosystem NTI CD & DVD Maker Dual Layer Version 7 Gold
bob.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Spuds
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2006
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:04:25 +1200, ang&bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Spuds wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
>>> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
>>> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
>>> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
>>> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
>>> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
>>> Books for my Aunt.
>>> Many thanks bob.

>>
>> What software are you using?
>> --
>>
>> There's no place like 127.0.0.1

>Software is New Tech Infosystem NTI CD & DVD Maker Dual Layer Version 7 Gold
>bob.


Someone else stated the solution, ie burn an audio CD. The NTI software can
handle it.
--

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Reply With Quote
 
ang&bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2006
Spuds wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:04:25 +1200, ang&bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Spuds wrote:
>>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
>>>> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
>>>> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
>>>> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
>>>> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
>>>> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
>>>> Books for my Aunt.
>>>> Many thanks bob.
>>> What software are you using?
>>> --
>>>
>>> There's no place like 127.0.0.1

>> Software is New Tech Infosystem NTI CD & DVD Maker Dual Layer Version 7 Gold
>> bob.

>
> Someone else stated the solution, ie burn an audio CD. The NTI software can
> handle it.

Thanks to all for your valued help.
Cheers bob.
 
Reply With Quote
 
ang&bob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-02-2006
dadiOH wrote:
> ang&bob wrote:
>> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
>> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
>> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
>> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
>> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
>> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some
>> Talking Books for my Aunt.
>> Many thanks bob.

>
> Those are data formats. Tell your burning program you want to make an
> audio disc, not data.
>
> --
>
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
> ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
> LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
> Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
>
>

Great that works well, you just made it possible to make an old lady happy.
Thank you,
Bob.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how mix multi-audio file to a audio file? aeonsun Java 2 03-11-2007 06:07 AM
cannot playback audio strem, audio not available or hardware not responding chieyenne Computer Support 2 05-19-2005 07:01 PM
copying audio extras on dvd to audio CD? Mad Scientist Jr DVD Video 2 10-07-2004 03:17 PM
Any way to take the audio from a concert DVD to make audio files? NOT TO BE USED FOR PIRACY. Ant DVD Video 8 06-24-2004 05:52 AM
please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :) KK C++ 2 10-14-2003 02:08 PM



Advertisments