Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > what is Winsock

what is Winsock

Sean

hi can anyone tell me what this program is for i ve dont
have it just heard people talking about it
thanks
sean

Marko

Hello Sean

The fact that you were able to send this post would
suggest that you do have winsock which is actually
a .dll. Seach your windows folder for winsock.dll.

Short for Windows Socket I believe.

billyw

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/windows/winsock-faq/ try that

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1e1801c38686$8b800b30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi can anyone tell me what this program is for i ve dont
> have it just heard people talking about it
> thanks
> sean

Kendal Emery

From webopedia

Short for Windows Socket, Winsock is an Application Programming Interface
(API) for developing Windows programs that can communicate with other
machines via the TCP/IP protocol. Windows 95 and Windows NT comes with
Dynamic Link Library (DLL) called winsock.dll that implements the API and
acts as the glue between Windows programs and TCP/IP connections.
In addition to the Microsoft version of winsock.dll, there are other
freeware and shareware versions of winsock.dll. However, there is no
official standard for the Winsock API, so each implementation differs in
minor ways.

Systems Administrator
Coordinated Home Care
remove me to email to me
"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1e1801c38686$8b800b30$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi can anyone tell me what this program is for i ve dont
> have it just heard people talking about it
> thanks
> sean

sean

thanks mate

winsoc

hey,

Im winsock

Winsock is used for building socket connections...

Winsock & Winsock 2 spears list Computer Support 3 10-16-2007 03:28 AM
QoS in Wi-Fi driver and winsock Pavel A. Wireless Networking 10 12-09-2004 05:42 PM
Error--Winsock & Server Errors Wireless Networking 0 07-09-2004 12:52 AM
winsock eck eck Computer Support 1 07-16-2003 05:23 AM
Re: "winsock startup failed." °Mike° Computer Support 0 07-06-2003 03:28 PM

Advertisments