Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SiPix Pocket Printer

SiPix Pocket Printer

Michael Mc Grenaghan

I purchased a little SiPix pocket printer A6. I have used the enclosed
thermal roll of paper and now am looking to purchase a 100 sheets of
the plain paper - not the rolls. I was told Comp USA sold them for $10
for 100 sheets but asking at 2 Comp USA stores they never have heard
of size A6 paper (nor the printer for that matter). Can anyone advise
me where I might purchase some sheets of plain paper? I know I will
have to manually feed the paper in to the top of the printer but that
is fine. Is this printer more suited for Europe? I am in Denver. I
tried looking on line but no luck yet.

thanks
MMcG

Blinky the Shark

Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:

> I purchased a little SiPix pocket printer A6.

I've never heard of that. What kind of things do you plan to print on
your pockets?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Whiskers

On 2006-03-31, Michael Mc Grenaghan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I purchased a little SiPix pocket printer A6. I have used the enclosed
> thermal roll of paper and now am looking to purchase a 100 sheets of
> the plain paper - not the rolls. I was told Comp USA sold them for $10
> for 100 sheets but asking at 2 Comp USA stores they never have heard
> of size A6 paper (nor the printer for that matter). Can anyone advise
> me where I might purchase some sheets of plain paper? I know I will
> have to manually feed the paper in to the top of the printer but that
> is fine. Is this printer more suited for Europe? I am in Denver. I
> tried looking on line but no luck yet.
>
> thanks
> MMcG

Presumably SiPix would be the people to ask <http://www.sipix.com/>, but
the thing seems to be a pretty normal thermal printer, so the thermal
paper sold for shop tills or fax machines should work, although you'd
probably have to cut down larger sheets or rolls.

The reviews that come to the first page in a Google search are dated in
2001, so this may be a discontinued product. It doesn't make the first
page or the products list of the SiPix web site.

I don't think I've ever seen this printer over here in the UK; SiPix are a
California firm. A6 is a 'European' paper size though: 148x105 mm.

It reminds me of the pocket printers we used to have for 'pocket
computers' and 'programmable calculators' back in the '80s. I think I
still have an Epson one at the back of a drawer somewhere - but that was
much lower resolution; ASCII text only, 40 characters per line, 7-pin dot
matrix.

--
-- Whiskers