Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Make it go away!

Make it go away!

TNKEV

I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
into deaf mutes with memory problems.

any ideas???

--

The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/

Gordon

TNKEV wrote:

> I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
> has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
> inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
> it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
> have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
> allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
> service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
> anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
> when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
> enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
> the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
> course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
> into deaf mutes with memory problems.
>
> any ideas???

Well if you will buy dodgy phones from a bloke in the pub.........

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

TNKEV

Gordon wrote:
> TNKEV wrote:
>
>> I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and

T-mobile
>> has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
>> inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo"

and
>> it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
>> have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that

will
>> allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to

change
>> service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
>> anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN

but
>> when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
>> enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
>> the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but

of
>> course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
>> into deaf mutes with memory problems.
>>
>> any ideas???
>>

> Well if you will buy dodgy phones from a bloke in the pub.........

Well if a kiosk in the mall is considered a pub....................

and believe it or not I do have a Dodge truck sticker right on the
front of the phone so I guess it is a Dodgey phone.LOL!!

--

The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/
Download some studio cuts from thier new CD "Making Love"
http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=272814
Join the group message board!
BnPs,trades,freebies and strangers stopping strangersjust to shake
thier hand!

Trax

"TNKEV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
|>has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
|>inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
|>it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
|>have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
|>allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
|>service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
|>anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
|>when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
|>enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
|>the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
|>course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
|>into deaf mutes with memory problems.
|>
|>any ideas???

Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have three
tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

Can't find what OS your's runs; but if it's S60, Download and install
Fexplorer http://www.gosymbian.com/fexplorer_new.php
One of the tool options is to set your operator logo, as well as
giving you total control of your phone (File wise).

--
Web cam in an eagle's nest
http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.co...der/index.html

Trax

Trax <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords

Unlocking the phone should zero out all passwords.

--
Web cam in an eagle's nest
http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.co...der/index.html
HINT: leave in the background until you hear screaching - that usually
indicates nest duty trade off of the parents.

Richard Colton

"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trax <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords
>
> Unlocking the phone should zero out all passwords.

No it won't.

--
<<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
<<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

Richard Colton

"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "TNKEV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
> |>has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
> |>inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
> |>it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
> |>have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
> |>allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
> |>service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
> |>anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
> |>when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
> |>enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
> |>the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
> |>course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
> |>into deaf mutes with memory problems.
> |>
> |>any ideas???
>
> Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords

It won't. The sec-code can be reset but you'll normally need a decent
flashing box such as UFS or Griffin to do it.

>- you have three

Five.

> tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html
>
> Can't find what OS your's runs; but if it's S60, Download and install
> Fexplorer http://www.gosymbian.com/fexplorer_new.php
> One of the tool options is to set your operator logo, as well as
> giving you total control of your phone (File wise).

It's S40. Best option is just to send whatever op-logo is required to the
handset but bear in mind that it can be over-ridden by the SIM.

--

Trax wrote:
> Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have

three
> tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

I am not sure that erasing all the passwords is going to allow more
access or to find a logo that the phone says is not there,and I am not
sure if taking the paper weight chance would be good.

--

The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/
Download some studio cuts from thier new CD "Making Love"
http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=272814
Join the group message board!
BnPs,trades,freebies and strangers stopping strangersjust to shake
thier hand!

TNKEV

one of the links in your .sig looked good but I would rather not pay
for it.

--

The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/
Download some studio cuts from thier new CD "Making Love"
http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=272814
Join the group message board!
BnPs,trades,freebies and strangers stopping strangersjust to shake
thier hand!

Richard Colton

"TNKEV" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:442d43fc$0$11193$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Trax wrote:
>> Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have

> three
>> tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
>> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

> I am not sure that erasing all the passwords is going to allow more
> access or to find a logo that the phone says is not there,and I am not
> sure if taking the paper weight chance would be good.

It won't help at all. You need to upload an alternative logo to the phone
before you can select the op logo menu item.