Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Menu lists

Menu lists

Alan

Hi

Is it possible to turn off the pale yellow/cream box that appears when you
hover over a file, menu or program on the Desktop?
I'm running WindowsXP

This is handy at times but I find it a bit of a pain.

Many thanks

marwane.aoun@gmail.com

Although ToolTips may be helpful, you might find it annoying. To
disable it, go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop. On the
right pane, double-click UserPreferencemask and change the value to 3E
00 00 00. To enable it again, change the value back to BE 00 00 00.

fred-bloggs

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
>
> Is it possible to turn off the pale yellow/cream box that appears when
> you hover over a file, menu or program on the Desktop?
> I'm running WindowsXP
>
> This is handy at times but I find it a bit of a pain.

Control Panel - Folder Options - View Tab
Clear *show popup description*

--
fred

List of lists of lists of lists... =?UTF-8?B?w4FuZ2VsIEd1dGnDqXJyZXogUm9kcsOtZ3Vleg==?= Python 5 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
lists of lists Jon Slaughter C++ 4 12-13-2004 06:28 PM
Lists of Lists VWWall Computer Information 2 10-21-2004 01:15 AM
Counter for items in lists in lists? Charlotte Henkle Python 8 09-26-2004 04:22 AM
Sorting lists of lists... JustSomeGuy C++ 0 06-17-2004 05:44 PM

Advertisments