Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard drive mounting rails - quick release

Hard drive mounting rails - quick release

bogusboy00@hotmail.com

I've got a case that has 5.25" bays for drives but doesn't accept the
quick release type slides that mount on the sides of the drive. For
serviceability I'd like to have this feature. Does anyone know if there
is a drive mounting kit that would allow a 3.5" hard drive to be put
into a 5.25" opening with the ability to quick release and remove just
the hard drive if need be.
Sorry if what I'm asking is a bit confusing. Not sure how else to
describe it.
Thanks in advance.

MJP

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I've got a case that has 5.25" bays for drives but doesn't accept the
> quick release type slides that mount on the sides of the drive. For
> serviceability I'd like to have this feature. Does anyone know if there
> is a drive mounting kit that would allow a 3.5" hard drive to be put
> into a 5.25" opening with the ability to quick release and remove just
> the hard drive if need be.
> Sorry if what I'm asking is a bit confusing. Not sure how else to
> describe it.
> Thanks in advance.

Hard drive caddy may suit your needs.

MJP