Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > sounding like a scratched cd

sounding like a scratched cd

brob11

Whenever I play a downloaded track, or one from a cd, or when I play a
video, the first 3 minutes of each track tend to sound 'scratched'.
This happens with all audio/video programmes (realplayer, windows media
etc) It also seems to co-incide with the blinking light on the computer
whenever I open a web page or folder.
When I run the cursor over the screen, that too seems to pause and
continue, pause and continue over the page.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?!

Thanks.
Ben.