Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving email as text file

Saving email as text file

gm

I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
Thanks in advance for the help,
gm

olfart

"gm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
> documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB,
> all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case. Is there
> a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
> Thanks in advance for the help,
> gm

File>Save As....then point it to a folder.
to see headers later..open the email...File>Properties>Details

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

gm wrote:

> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
> documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my
> TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
> Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?

Is TB Thunderbird?

While reading the mail, press Control-U
Click in the window
Press Control-A
Press Control-C
Open a text editor
Press Control-V
On the menu, File > Save As... enter a filename of choice.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

the loner

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "gm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
>> documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB,
>> all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case. Is there
>> a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
>> Thanks in advance for the help,
>> gm

> File>Save As....then point it to a folder.
> to see headers later..open the email...File>Properties>Details

I was thinking about doing that too. However, I have hundreds that I want to
save (don't ask me why), so do I need to file them in a folder one by one,
or is there a way to do all at once?

Paul_B

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:26:32 -0500, gm wrote:

> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
> Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
> Thanks in advance for the help,

There's currently a thread on this at the TB support group at
news.mozilla.org

p.

dadiOH

the loner wrote:
> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "gm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related
>>> documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in
>>> my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in
>>> case. Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header
>>> info?
>>> Thanks in advance for the help,
>>> gm

>> File>Save As....then point it to a folder.
>> to see headers later..open the email...File>Properties>Details

> I was thinking about doing that too. However, I have hundreds that I
> want to save (don't ask me why), so do I need to file them in a
> folder one by one, or is there a way to do all at once?

1. Select all (Ctrl + A)

2. Drag them to the folder

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

gm

Thank you very much everybody for the help.

gm

gm

Paul_B wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:26:32 -0500, gm wrote:
>
>> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
>> Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
>> Thanks in advance for the help,

> There's currently a thread on this at the TB support group at
> news.mozilla.org

Paul,
I downloaded the last 500 posts, but could not find the discussion. Could you post the name of the thread.
Thank you very much in advance.
gm

Paul_B

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:02:39 -0500, gm wrote:

> Paul_B wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:26:32 -0500, gm wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to keep my emails as files in one folder with other related documents: images, invoices,etc. When I save it as an eml file in my TB, all the header info gets lost. I'd like to keep it just in case.
>>> Is there a way to save email as a file and to keep the header info?
>>> Thanks in advance for the help,

>> There's currently a thread on this at the TB support group at
>> news.mozilla.org

> Paul,
> I downloaded the last 500 posts, but could not find the discussion. Could you post the name of the thread.
> Thank you very much in advance.
> gm

Try this. I think it's pertinent:

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 01:15:22 +0000