Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with System Restore

Problem with System Restore

chefdude

Each time that System Restore sets a new restore point or if I manually
create a restore point, the previous restore point is gone.
I have turned off System Restore and turned it back on to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows XP Home SP2

TIA
Eric

philo

"chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AM%Vf.648$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Each time that System Restore sets a new restore point or if I manually
> create a restore point, the previous restore point is gone.
> I have turned off System Restore and turned it back on to no avail.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> how much space do you have allocated to system restore?

you may have to move it up a bit

chefdude

Set at maximum 12% 4572mb

monitoring 3 harddrives

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AM%Vf.648$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Each time that System Restore sets a new restore point or if I manually
>> create a restore point, the previous restore point is gone.
>> I have turned off System Restore and turned it back on to no avail.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> how much space do you have allocated to system restore?

> you may have to move it up a bit

philo

"chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:370Wf.661$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Set at maximum 12% 4572mb
>
> monitoring 3 harddrives

heck, 4572 mb should be plenty...

do you need it to monitor all 3 drives though?

chefdude

not particularly as C drive is operating system.
I will eliminate the other drives from restore and will see what happens.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:370Wf.661$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Set at maximum 12% 4572mb
>>
>> monitoring 3 harddrives
>>

> heck, 4572 mb should be plenty...
>
> do you need it to monitor all 3 drives though?

chefdude

philo
after eliminating two drives from the system restore, the existing restore
points no longer are being eliminated.
thanks
Eric

"chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:he0Wf.666$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> not particularly as C drive is operating system.
> I will eliminate the other drives from restore and will see what happens.
>
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:370Wf.661$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Set at maximum 12% 4572mb
>>>
>>> monitoring 3 harddrives
>>>

>> heck, 4572 mb should be plenty...
>>
>> do you need it to monitor all 3 drives though?

philo

"chefdude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsl0Wf.669$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> philo
> after eliminating two drives from the system restore, the existing restore
> points no longer are being eliminated.
> thanks
> Eric

Glad that once in a while I can come up with a solution...
now that I've done my good deed for the year...I can turn off my computer
and go to bed <G>

Plato

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#15