Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > What a surprise - MCSE 2000

What a surprise - MCSE 2000

Webster

checked my transcript today to see if my exam from last Thursday was on it.
It said MCSE Windows 2000 achieved on the day I took the exam and passed. I
thought I had 1 more exam to take so I fired off an e-mail to mcphelp. THen
went reading the fine print in the MCSE 2000 criteria. Seems that 2 of the
exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an elective on the MCSE 2000. So -
viola - I am now an MCSE 2000.

Count me as one pleased son-of-a-gun.

Webster

MCSE World

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"Webster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> checked my transcript today to see if my exam from last Thursday was on

it.
> It said MCSE Windows 2000 achieved on the day I took the exam and passed.

> thought I had 1 more exam to take so I fired off an e-mail to mcphelp.

THen
> went reading the fine print in the MCSE 2000 criteria. Seems that 2 of

the
> exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an elective on the MCSE 2000.

So -
> viola - I am now an MCSE 2000.
>
> Count me as one pleased son-of-a-gun.
>

> Webster

Bob

"Webster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> checked my transcript today to see if my exam from last Thursday was on

it.
> It said MCSE Windows 2000 achieved on the day I took the exam and passed.

> thought I had 1 more exam to take so I fired off an e-mail to mcphelp.

THen
> went reading the fine print in the MCSE 2000 criteria. Seems that 2 of

the
> exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an elective on the MCSE 2000.

So -
> viola - I am now an MCSE 2000.

What were the two exams, and what did they replace?

Congrats!

Lady

CONGRATS !!! - on your pleasant surprise.

"Webster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> checked my transcript today to see if my exam from last Thursday was on

it.
> It said MCSE Windows 2000 achieved on the day I took the exam and passed.

> thought I had 1 more exam to take so I fired off an e-mail to mcphelp.

THen
> went reading the fine print in the MCSE 2000 criteria. Seems that 2 of

the
> exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an elective on the MCSE 2000.

So -
> viola - I am now an MCSE 2000.
>
> Count me as one pleased son-of-a-gun.
>

> Webster

Webster

news:Ov7db.12856$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Seems that 2 of the exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an
> > elective on the MCSE 2000.

> What were the two exams, and what did they replace?

I don't they they replaced anything but the TCP/IP and IEAK 4 exams showed
as counting.

Webster

Bob

"Webster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Ov7db.12856$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > > Seems that 2 of the exams I took for my NT4 MCSE counted as an
> > > elective on the MCSE 2000.

> > What were the two exams, and what did they replace?

> I don't they they replaced anything but the TCP/IP and IEAK 4 exams showed
> as counting.

That's interesting, especially in the case of IEAK 4 (I have NEVER seen this
kit used in any production environment PERIOD -- and I've consulted with a
lot of big companies).

Do they still have Networking Essentials as a requirement? That was the
first one I did waaaaaaaay back in '96, I think...

Webster

news:Q9tdb.13852$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> That's interesting, especially in the case of IEAK 4 (I have NEVER seen

this
> kit used in any production environment PERIOD -- and I've consulted with a
> lot of big companies).

I use it all the time, especially in schools that still have a lot of
Win98/ME systems where GPOs cannot be used. You can keep the kids from
changing the home page, stop OE from being used, clear out temp Internet
files when they exit, etc etc etc.

> Do they still have Networking Essentials as a requirement? That was the
> first one I did waaaaaaaay back in '96, I think...

No, that exam went the way of the DoDo bird. Just like TCP/IP, Net Ess is
mixed in with literally every exam now.

Webster