Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Freeware Firewall Recommendation

Freeware Firewall Recommendation

Plato

Rose Bush wrote:

> I'd like a recommendation for a freeware firewall. I've googled and

Try an older version of Zone Alarm. I use 2.6

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

Mellowed wrote:

> I can think of three firewalls that are free. All are good.
>
> Zone Alarm
> Outpost
> Sygate
>
> Sygate was purchased by Symantec and is no longer free. I prefer Sygate

Sheesh. Thanks a lot. I was linking to Sygate on my utils page. I
certainly dont want to provide a free link to Symantec. Yes, when you
clicked on the link it took you to Symantec. Link removed. Thanks again.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

aitch

Rose Bush wrote:
> I'd like a recommendation for a freeware firewall. I've googled and
> come up with what seems like millions. I'm running XP Pro, Svc Pak1,
> and have developed problems installing, and maintaining, Svc Pak2.
> So, I need a firewall for a few weeks while I get this squared away.
>
> So rather than sit and install, test, and uninstall everything on the
> list until I found one that works for me, I'd like some feedback from
> you guys.
>
> I really appreciate any assistance on this.
>
> TIA

Kerio Personal Firewall V 2.1.5. I've used Kerio Personal Firewall V
2.1.5 very successfully on my W98SE system. It's fairly easy to use once
you understand it's rule based approach. If you decide to use it, you'll
find a lot of useful information at
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio, particularly the ruleset defined
by BlitzenZeus.
All the best, H.