Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Which Internet recording software?

Reply
Thread Tools

Which Internet recording software?

 
 
Sigi Rindler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2006
I like to listen to various radio stations around the world and would like
to record some of the programs, etc.
Right now I use a German website (http://www.surfmusik.de/) which offers
over channels (radio, TV, etc.) which I find excellent since it contains
many channels that feature HiFi quality.
The website offers a recording software called "radiograbber" in two
versions. Has anybody here ever tried these software packages and can
recommend them? Or have you got a recommendation for one that is easy to
use, and perhaps can capture streaming video too? There are so many choices
that one can easily waste money on the wrong software.
Doesn't need to be free since these programs aren't expensive, and I am
planning to use (it)them extensively.
Which newsgroup would be appropriate to check if I am out of luck here?

Thanks,

Murgi




----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Seatoller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2006
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:57:03 +0900, Sigi Rindler wrote:

> I like to listen to various radio stations around the world and would like
> to record some of the programs, etc.
> Right now I use a German website (http://www.surfmusik.de/) which offers
> over channels (radio, TV, etc.) which I find excellent since it contains
> many channels that feature HiFi quality. The website offers a recording
> software called "radiograbber" in two versions. Has anybody here ever
> tried these software packages and can recommend them? Or have you got a
> recommendation for one that is easy to use, and perhaps can capture
> streaming video too? There are so many choices that one can easily waste
> money on the wrong software. Doesn't need to be free since these programs
> aren't expensive, and I am planning to use (it)them extensively. Which
> newsgroup would be appropriate to check if I am out of luck here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Murgi


You might find Audacity useful.It's Open Source & free:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

--
SuSE 10.1 (Agama Lizard) Development distro
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
me@privacy.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2006
Seatoller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You might find Audacity useful.It's Open Source & free:
>http://audacity.sourceforge.net/


Try Replay Radio

Ive tried the demo and it works well

http://www.applian.com/replay-radio/index.php
 
Reply With Quote
 
Seatoller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:23:17 -0600, me wrote:

> Seatoller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>You might find Audacity useful.It's Open Source & free:
>>http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

>
> Try Replay Radio
>
> Ive tried the demo and it works well
>
> http://www.applian.com/replay-radio/index.php


It's a windows program.

--
SuSE 10.1 (Agama Lizard) Development distro
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sigi Rindler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2006
> You might find Audacity useful.It's Open Source & free:
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/


This one doesn't grab radio stations but the next one looks good after
tyring.

http://www.applian.com/replay-radio/index.php

Thankd a lot for the hint.

Murgi



----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Recording Internet radio paul s Computer Support 9 07-24-2003 09:50 PM
Re: Recording Internet radio JM Computer Support 0 07-23-2003 08:31 AM
Re: Recording Internet radio JM Computer Support 0 07-23-2003 08:16 AM
Re: Recording Internet radio Professor Computer Support 0 07-22-2003 10:12 PM
Re: Recording Internet radio Charlie Bress Computer Support 3 07-22-2003 08:55 PM



Advertisments