Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > need help uploading to Geocities via FTP asap please

need help uploading to Geocities via FTP asap please

Lee Davison

I have created my own complete website.I'm using an FTP connection via Adobe
GoLive and followed the instructions off the BT website but it takes ages
then coms back saying the following:

'Cannot connect to server: ftp://uk.geocities.com/
Reason: Can not connect to ftp. (602: server stopped responding)'

anyone know what this means? i get the impression its all correct log in
details but BT aren't letting me do sonmething. Please help asap as i'm in a
rush and its really frustrating

nancy13g@verizon.net

Lee Davison wrote:
> I have created my own complete website.I'm using an FTP connection via Adobe
> GoLive and followed the instructions off the BT website but it takes ages
> then coms back saying the following:
>
> 'Cannot connect to server: ftp://uk.geocities.com/

Like it says right there on the Geocities Help page:

Why am I unable to connect to the FTP server?

If you are unable to successfully connect to your account using FTP,
please review the suggestions below:

Make sure that you are entering the following information correctly:

Address: ftp.uk.geocities.com
User Name: your username
Password: your password

Lee Davison

thanks but i've on that. that part seems to b working but then it just says
server stopped responding , implying they were talking in the first place.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...