Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Creating a Hotmail account in MS Office 2000.

Creating a Hotmail account in MS Office 2000.

Knut Arvid Keilen

I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
using Microsoft Outlook.

What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
do I eventually carry out the process ?

Thanks in advance !

Meat Plow

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:20:16 +0100, Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

> I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
> using Microsoft Outlook.
>
> What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
> do I eventually carry out the process ?
>
> Thanks in advance !

If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

Gordon

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:34:16 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:20:16 +0100, Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
>
>> I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
>> using Microsoft Outlook.
>>
>> What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
>> do I eventually carry out the process ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance !

> If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

It doesn't - it's an http account.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10

Meat Plow

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:44:51 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:34:16 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:20:16 +0100, Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a way to create a Hotmail account in Microsoft Office 2000
>>> using Microsoft Outlook.
>>>
>>> What are the constraints, if any, since I do not find a way to do it and how
>>> do I eventually carry out the process ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance !

>> If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

> It doesn't - it's an http account.

Not sure if Outlook 2K did HTTP but I know 2003 does. Never tried it
however.

old man

OL2k does however only a premium - paid for - hotmail account is accessible
via OL or OE, though I believe if you are a long time user it is still
accessible.

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:44:51 +0000, Gordon wrote:

2000

and how

> >> If hotmail supports POP and SMTP then it's easy to create.

> > It doesn't - it's an http account.

> Not sure if Outlook 2K did HTTP but I know 2003 does. Never tried it
> however.

redefined

This is correct. I have been using Hotmail for almost 10 years and I
have no problem checking my e-mail with Outlook 2003 and/or Outlook
2000. However, I tried to set my dad's Outlook to do the same with his
newer Hotmail address, and it required a premium account.

Roman

old man wrote:
> OL2k does however only a premium - paid for - hotmail account is accessible
> via OL or OE, though I believe if you are a long time user it is still
> accessible.
>

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...

> 2000

> and how

> > > It doesn't - it's an http account.

> > Not sure if Outlook 2K did HTTP but I know 2003 does. Never tried it
> > however.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

old man wrote:

> OL2k does however only a premium - paid for - hotmail account is
> accessible via OL or OE, though I believe if you are a long time user
> it is still accessible.

Asked and answered a couple of weeks ago. Legacy hotmail accounts (pre
November 2004 was the point of change as I recall) can be accessed via a
POP3 email client. Newer, free hotmail accounts cannot.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer