Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB Mobile hard drive, Flash drive or What?

USB Mobile hard drive, Flash drive or What?

divoch

I am looking for an external storage for the following purposes.
a] Initially for moving data from a Win98SE based current computer to the
new, to be purchased computer. Current computer has USB1 but USB2 probably
does not work? as it is Win98SE, not tried. It has old 100MB Zip drive
b] For future backups

There are various devices at various prices such as
2GB USB Flash Drive for around 80
40GB Mobile USB2.0 Disk for about 70

So what would be best for those mentioned uses?
Thanks
Divoch

old man

well the 40gb gives more bang for you dosh
It doesnt matter that old uses usb1 and new will be usb2, any usb2 device
should be backward compatible.
Other than that its simply a matter of portability, ones bigger than the
other and probably comes with a pwr unit.

"divoch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9IQTf.6438$H%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am looking for an external storage for the following purposes.
> a] Initially for moving data from a Win98SE based current computer to the
> new, to be purchased computer. Current computer has USB1 but USB2

probably
> does not work? as it is Win98SE, not tried. It has old 100MB Zip drive
> b] For future backups
>
> There are various devices at various prices such as
> 2GB USB Flash Drive for around 80
> 40GB Mobile USB2.0 Disk for about 70
>
> So what would be best for those mentioned uses?
> Thanks
> Divoch

Meat Plow

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:28:05 +0000, old man wrote:

> well the 40gb gives more bang for you dosh
> It doesnt matter that old uses usb1 and new will be usb2, any usb2 device
> should be backward compatible.
> Other than that its simply a matter of portability, ones bigger than the
> other and probably comes with a pwr unit.

Flash is so slow.