Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Balky Dell printer

Balky Dell printer

Maybe

I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink and
it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does anyone
know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to resist
further use?

Toolman Tim

In news:8jMTf.8274$(E-Mail Removed),
Maybe spewed forth:
> I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
> until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink
> and it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does
> anyone know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to
> resist further use?

Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?

Maybe

Toolman Tim wrote:

>In news:8jMTf.8274$(E-Mail Removed),
>Maybe spewed forth:
>

>>I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
>>until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink
>>and it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does
>>anyone know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to
>>resist further use?
>>

>Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?

Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

Toolman Tim

In news:b83Uf.11152$%(E-Mail Removed),
Maybe spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> In news:8jMTf.8274$(E-Mail Removed),
>> Maybe spewed forth:
>>

>>> I'm trying to force feed a Dell A10 942 printer that ran out of ink
>>> until I refilled it. However, it insists that it's still out of ink
>>> and it kicks and screams when I insist that it should print. Does
>>> anyone know how to disable the cartridge feedback that tells it to
>>> resist further use?
>>>

>> Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?
>>

> Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

<g> sorry - couldn't resist

The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting these
things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

--
My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
God and I didn't.

Blinky the Shark

Toolman Tim wrote:

> In news:b83Uf.11152$%(E-Mail Removed), Maybe spewed forth:
>> Toolman Tim wrote:
>>
>>> In news:8jMTf.8274$(E-Mail Removed), Maybe spewed forth:

>>> Buy Dell cartridges and stop refilling?
>>>

>> Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

> <g> sorry - couldn't resist
>
> The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting these
> things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

Don't forget about those little chip resetter gizmos they sell for ink
carts for about $15US.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Toolman Tim

In news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net,
Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
> Toolman Tim wrote:

>>> Thanks, Tim! I waited all this time for such a sage reply?

>> <g> sorry - couldn't resist
>>
>> The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting
>> these things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

> Don't forget about those little chip resetter gizmos they sell for ink
> carts for about $15US.

I've seen those for Epson, but not for Dell. They may be out there
somewhere...

--

Toolman Tim wrote:

> In news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net, Blinky the
> Shark spewed forth:
>> Toolman Tim wrote:
>>
>>> In news:b83Uf.11152$%(E-Mail Removed), Maybe spewed forth:

>>> <g> sorry - couldn't resist
>>>
>>> The truth is, more and more cartridge makers are aparently setting
>>> these things up to do exactly what you've run in to.

>> Don't forget about those little chip resetter gizmos they sell for ink
>> carts for about $15US.

> I've seen those for Epson, but not for Dell. They may be out there
> somewhere...

I dunno what brands they may cover. I think the first ones I saw were
for Epson, too, but that was a couple years ago, and I if everybody's
doin' it, now, they may have expanded their coverage.

I just got my first Canon printer. It was free with my new laptop.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Balky internet.. Robert Baer Computer Information 14 10-21-2012 06:16 AM
Balky DVD drive - strange fix for the problem RobF DVD Video 2 01-31-2009 07:17 PM
Balky box hleegee Computer Support 1 05-26-2005 04:37 AM
Balky e-mail Wes Computer Support 1 07-16-2004 06:36 PM
You have to buy Dell memory from Dell? Devin Stoick Computer Support 6 05-27-2004 09:50 PM

Advertisments