Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Starting Internet Explorer

Reply
Thread Tools

Starting Internet Explorer

 
 
Work
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2006
I have noticed lately that when I start IE, it shows at the bottom left that
it is detecting proxy settings. I don't use proxies and it takes up to 30
sec sometimes to open the page. I have DSL and it usually loads the page
super fast. Where do I look to find what is going on?
Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2006
In news:SKoTf.3536$8G2.1260@trndny01,
Work spewed forth:
> I have noticed lately that when I start IE, it shows at the bottom
> left that it is detecting proxy settings. I don't use proxies and it
> takes up to 30 sec sometimes to open the page. I have DSL and it
> usually loads the page super fast. Where do I look to find what is
> going on? Thanks


Have you installed any 3rd party apps, like a pop-up blocker,
privacy/parental filters, etc.? That might be set up to run with proxy
settings. If not, check under tools, Internet options, connections, and the
Lan settings to be sure something didn't accidentally get set up there.

--
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Work
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2006
I haven't installed anything like that. I have checked the lan settings, it
is still set to auto detect.

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sPoTf.142$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:SKoTf.3536$8G2.1260@trndny01,
> Work spewed forth:
>> I have noticed lately that when I start IE, it shows at the bottom
>> left that it is detecting proxy settings. I don't use proxies and it
>> takes up to 30 sec sometimes to open the page. I have DSL and it
>> usually loads the page super fast. Where do I look to find what is
>> going on? Thanks

>
> Have you installed any 3rd party apps, like a pop-up blocker,
> privacy/parental filters, etc.? That might be set up to run with proxy
> settings. If not, check under tools, Internet options, connections, and
> the Lan settings to be sure something didn't accidentally get set up
> there.
>
> --
> The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2006
In news:0UoTf.3540$8G2.1075@trndny01,
Work spewed forth:
> I haven't installed anything like that. I have checked the lan
> settings, it is still set to auto detect.


Turn off the auto detect. I don't have it on my broadband connections, and
they work fine. See if that helps.

>
> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:sPoTf.142$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In news:SKoTf.3536$8G2.1260@trndny01,
>> Work spewed forth:
>>> I have noticed lately that when I start IE, it shows at the bottom
>>> left that it is detecting proxy settings. I don't use proxies and it
>>> takes up to 30 sec sometimes to open the page. I have DSL and it
>>> usually loads the page super fast. Where do I look to find what is
>>> going on? Thanks

>>
>> Have you installed any 3rd party apps, like a pop-up blocker,
>> privacy/parental filters, etc.? That might be set up to run with
>> proxy settings. If not, check under tools, Internet options,
>> connections, and the Lan settings to be sure something didn't
>> accidentally get set up there.
>>
>> --
>> The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.


--
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Work
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2006
Thank you. That seemed to do the trick. It opens right up now.

"Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B2pTf.205$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:0UoTf.3540$8G2.1075@trndny01,
> Work spewed forth:
>> I haven't installed anything like that. I have checked the lan
>> settings, it is still set to auto detect.

>
> Turn off the auto detect. I don't have it on my broadband connections, and
> they work fine. See if that helps.
>
>>
>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:sPoTf.142$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> In news:SKoTf.3536$8G2.1260@trndny01,
>>> Work spewed forth:
>>>> I have noticed lately that when I start IE, it shows at the bottom
>>>> left that it is detecting proxy settings. I don't use proxies and it
>>>> takes up to 30 sec sometimes to open the page. I have DSL and it
>>>> usually loads the page super fast. Where do I look to find what is
>>>> going on? Thanks
>>>
>>> Have you installed any 3rd party apps, like a pop-up blocker,
>>> privacy/parental filters, etc.? That might be set up to run with
>>> proxy settings. If not, check under tools, Internet options,
>>> connections, and the Lan settings to be sure something didn't
>>> accidentally get set up there.
>>>
>>> --
>>> The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

>
> --
> The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Nathan Sokalski Windows 64bit 16 02-22-2010 08:31 AM
internet explorer 7 - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpag sandy j Windows 64bit 0 05-02-2009 02:12 AM
3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLSFOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING ANDMAINTAINING... Oanh Bui C++ 0 04-27-2009 12:51 PM
3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLSFOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING ANDMAINTAINING... Oanh Bui C Programming 0 04-27-2009 12:51 PM
3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLSFOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING...3 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR STARTING ANDMAINTAINING... Oanh Bui Python 0 04-27-2009 12:46 PM



Advertisments