Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nprotect folder

Nprotect folder

blackmirror

I made the mistake of copying and pasting nprotect folder to dry and
delete the cotents

I now need to replace it and i dont know where i got it from

can anyone help please

Trax

"blackmirror" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I made the mistake of copying and pasting nprotect folder to dry and
|>delete the cotents
|>
|>I now need to replace it and i dont know where i got it from
|>
|>can anyone help please

nprotect folder googles as a norton product.

--
http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/its_not_safe.html

PC

"blackmirror" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I made the mistake of copying and pasting nprotect folder to dry and
> delete the cotents
>
> I now need to replace it and i dont know where i got it from
>
> can anyone help please

Reload your Norton Utilities or System works.
NProtect is the Recycle bin for Windows Recycle bin that Norton creates to
hold files that are emptied from the Windows Recycle bin.
It is normally hidden from view on all but the most recent versions of
Norton by using Rootkit techniques.

If you are hoping to recover files from this folder be aware deleting it
will have released the space to the 'free' space and may have been
overwritten by other newer files.

Cheers
Paul.

TJ

PC wrote:

> "blackmirror" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

>> I made the mistake of copying and pasting nprotect folder to dry and
>> delete the cotents

That wasn't a mistake. Anything Symantec/Norton *should* be hung out to
'dry'.

>> I now need to replace it and i dont know where i got it from
>> can anyone help please

> Reload your Norton Utilities or System works.

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

"Friends don't let friends drive Norton"

****in' invasive, bloated, damn near useless, almost impossible to rid
yourself of once installed, piece of **** that it's become.

Plato

blackmirror wrote:

> I made the mistake of copying and pasting nprotect folder to dry and
> delete the cotents
>
> I now need to replace it and i dont know where i got it from

IN the future, please do NOT use the Nortons Protected Recycle Bin.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/