Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows INSTALLER Problem

Windows INSTALLER Problem

Bill

I'm using Windows XP Pro and recently developed an agrivation with the
Installer program.

When I click on several of my application programs (but not all) the
Windows Installer appears and flashes 2 or 3 times as the program loads
and 2 or 3 times after loading.

The application programs have been installed for quite some time
previous to this happening and I can't see any reason for this
starting.

Has anyone seen this before ............ how can I go about finding
and fixing the problem.? Everthing seems to work okay.....just an
agrivation.

Bill

someone

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm using Windows XP Pro and recently developed an agrivation with the
> Installer program.
>
> When I click on several of my application programs (but not all) the
> Windows Installer appears and flashes 2 or 3 times as the program loads
> and 2 or 3 times after loading.
>
> The application programs have been installed for quite some time
> previous to this happening and I can't see any reason for this
> starting.
>
> Has anyone seen this before ............ how can I go about finding
> and fixing the problem.? Everthing seems to work okay.....just an
> agrivation.

Check your Event Viewer for errors.

pcbutts1

Use this http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301