Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Graphics stuck on wrong setting

Graphics stuck on wrong setting

Lasse Rimmer

Tried to hook up my HTPC with flatscreen-tv using DVI-to-HDMI-cable. Was
using S-VHS, which worked ok, but wanted better picture.

Went about it the wrong way and ended up trying out Windows' guide to tv-
set-up. Chose DVI, was asked "What DPI", chose "Not sure, let me see
examples", first example was viewable, though b/w, second gave me rolling,
flickering screen via S-VHS. HTPC now stuck on this setting. Figured out I
should've just rebooted with DVI-to-HDMI connected, and when doing so now,
I get good picture on tv (or monitor, when connecting that to DVI-out) for
bootscreen up until Windows starts, and from then on no DVI-signal. Connect
S-VHS and I still get rolling, flickering, unwatchable picture.

As long as my HTPC is stuck on unwatchable setting, I can't correct, and no
monitor hookup I have available gives me watchable picture.

What do I do now to reset settings to watchable picture?

Rob

Try rebooting in safe mode

news:Xns978A97A6064DClasserimmergmailogno@212.242. 40.196...