Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > quirky difference in Search function.

quirky difference in Search function.

MajBach

After being used to using WinME for what seems like a millenium, I now
happlity use XP Pro. Couldn't quite make the switch cold turkey so some of
my GUIs are still ME style - like Search for example ( I changed it using
Tweak ). I noticed that most of my file searches were coming up short, i.e.
missing a file when I knew existed. So, I switched back over to XP search
style and it found the files. Why? I have 'show system files' checked etc.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

MajBach wrote:
> After being used to using WinME for what seems like a millenium, I now
> happlity use XP Pro. Couldn't quite make the switch cold turkey so some of
> my GUIs are still ME style - like Search for example ( I changed it using
> Tweak ). I noticed that most of my file searches were coming up short, i.e.
> missing a file when I knew existed. So, I switched back over to XP search
> style and it found the files. Why? I have 'show system files' checked etc.

What do you mean by "changed it using Tweak"? Do you have the show
hidden files option checked? How about is it starting in the root folder
and all subdirectories?

MajBach

I changed the look of the interface with tweak powertoys ( from MS) to look
like classic windows. Yes, I have checked my search parameters are
identical.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...