Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hmm! Why can't I see this seal? Blinkyy - turn away!

Hmm! Why can't I see this seal? Blinkyy - turn away!

clot

I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.

I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm

When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having the
difficulty on other sites.)

"I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.

Any thoughts, kind folk?

Trax

"clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
|>
|>I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
|>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
|>
|>When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
|>closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
|>being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having the
|>difficulty on other sites.)
|>
|>"I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
|>I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
|>
|>Any thoughts, kind folk?

See if this works for you
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/new...c1_16x9_nb.asx

Or

http://tinyurl.com/nuo56

This will open a windows media player -

Or past the link in the network option of VLC
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

--
World’s Bravest Man
http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads...feminists1.jpg

Tom Eckersley

clot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
>
> I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
>
> When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
> closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
> being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having
> the difficulty on other sites.)
>
> "I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
> I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
>
> Any thoughts, kind folk?

works for me

clot

"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
> |>
> |>I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
> |>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
> |>
> |>When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
> |>closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. -
> despite
> |>being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having
> the
> |>difficulty on other sites.)
> |>
> |>"I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking
> access.
> |>I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
> |>
> |>Any thoughts, kind folk?
>
> See if this works for you
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/new...c1_16x9_nb.asx
>
> Or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
>
> This will open a windows media player -
>
> Or past the link in the network option of VLC
> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> --
> World's Bravest Man
> http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads...feminists1.jpg

Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

clot

"Tom Eckersley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:441bcb86$0$796$(E-Mail Removed)...
> clot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm using XPHome with SP2, RealPlayer v10 or WMP10 and IE6.
>>
>> I wanted to watch this seal being moved-
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm
>>
>> When I click on the item, it momentarily opens a window which then
>> closes down without any error message. It used to work o.k. - despite
>> being clunky on a dial up access. (And I've checked that I'm having
>> the difficulty on other sites.)
>>
>> "I know, I've got filters on. It must be some update blocking access.
>> I'll turn them off and everything will be fine!" Nope - silly me.
>>
>> Any thoughts, kind folk?

> works for me

Yes, but not for me despite Trax's help! Grr!

clot

"clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZjUSf.8080$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> despite
>> the

>> access.

>> See if this works for you
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/new...c1_16x9_nb.asx
>>
>> Or
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
>>
>> This will open a windows media player -
>>
>> Or past the link in the network option of VLC
>> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>>
>> --
>> World's Bravest Man
>> http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads...feminists1.jpg

> Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
> seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
> no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
> interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

That should have been "quiet"!

Trax

"clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

|>> despite
|>> the

|>> access.

|>> See if this works for you
|>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/new...c1_16x9_nb.asx
|>>
|>> Or
|>>
|>> http://tinyurl.com/nuo56
|>>
|>> This will open a windows media player -
|>>
|>> Or past the link in the network option of VLC
|>> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
|>>
|>> --
|>> World's Bravest Man
|>> http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads...feminists1.jpg

|>Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
|>seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
|>no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
|>interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

Were you just trying to excite Blinky?

If so try this link (mind control);
http://blogcharm.com/funnychit

"Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
technology."

--
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

Blinky the Shark

Trax wrote:

> "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> |>"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> |>news:(E-Mail Removed). .. |>> "clot"
> |>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/4814542.stm |>> |>
> despite

> access.

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/new...c1_16x9_nb.asx

> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

> |>Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see the
> |>seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked it? I've
> |>no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so it's an
> |>interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.
>
> Were you just trying to excite Blinky?

I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house for a
couple days and was having trouble posting from there.

> "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the brains
> of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth technology."

I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them with food
fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

clot

Trax wrote:
> "clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>> "Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Thanks for the links, Trax. Much appreciated but I still can't see
>>> the seal! Blinky has been noticeably quite - perhaps he's nicked
>>> it? I've no other problems with the system (that I know of!) so
>>> it's an interesting puzzle at present rather than an annoyance.

> Were you just trying to excite Blinky?

Not at all. You know what a voracious appetite he's got! I just wanted
to protect that poor seal! I see you've "hooked" him.

> If so try this link (mind control);
> http://blogcharm.com/funnychit
>

> "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
> brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
> technology."

clot

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Trax wrote:

>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/new...c1_16x9_nb.asx

>> Were you just trying to excite Blinky?

> I've been "noticeably quite [sic]" because I was a buddy's house for a
> couple days and was having trouble posting from there.
>
>> "Their scientists are now implanting neural transmitters into the
>> brains of sharks with the intent of turning them into stealth
>> technology."

> I'll bet they're doing that without their consent. Bribing them with
> food fish and photos of sultry lady aharks, probably.

Pedant! What's an ahark?