Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Other people cannot access my shared folders

Other people cannot access my shared folders

padingle@gmail.com

I run Windows xp professional on my laptop, and i have tried to shared
some files across my network, When you try to access my files across
the network a windows comes up saying something about permissions, i
have disabled the windows firewall (at least i think i have) and i have
got norton firewall set to low. -I have tried turning norton off aswell
but the shared folder still cannot be accessed.
Please help.

why?

On 13 Mar 2006 12:07:37 -0800, padingle@ wrote:

Read some of the often posted
networking links, it saves having to repost the list over and over.

Here is - www.wown.com , see the file sharing bit.

>I run Windows xp professional on my laptop, and i have tried to shared

Start / Help and Support / type

folder share

in the Search box, click on the green arrow (for - go / start search)

30 results found for folder share

>some files across my network, When you try to access my files across
>the network a windows comes up saying something about permissions, i
>have disabled the windows firewall (at least i think i have) and i have

No, you set the FW to allow file sharing, on the local LAN and if
possible specific machines.

>got norton firewall set to low. -I have tried turning norton off aswell
>but the shared folder still cannot be accessed.

Having shared a folder, you then clicked on the permissions button and
allowed specific users/groups to access the share. Remembering to create
the username/passwords.

>Please help.

Me