Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost icons

Lost icons

Alistair Macdonald

Disappeared the top left hand icons that allow me to Reply to Sender or
Reply to All. I can still perform the task via the Message menu, but where
have the icons gone?
Alistair

Gordon

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:22:47 +0000, Alistair Macdonald wrote:

> Disappeared the top left hand icons that allow me to Reply to Sender or
> Reply to All. I can still perform the task via the Message menu, but where
> have the icons gone?
> Alistair

<VB SIGH> - WHAT email client are you using? we're not bloody psychic.....

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10

SJP

news(E-Mail Removed) ldomain...
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:22:47 +0000, Alistair Macdonald wrote:
>
>> Disappeared the top left hand icons that allow me to Reply to Sender or
>> Reply to All. I can still perform the task via the Message menu, but
>> where
>> have the icons gone?
>> Alistair

but I agree with the sentiment!

Gordon

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:31:57 +0000, SJP wrote:

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) ldomain...
>> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:22:47 +0000, Alistair Macdonald wrote:
>>
>>> Disappeared the top left hand icons that allow me to Reply to Sender or
>>> Reply to All. I can still perform the task via the Message menu, but
>>> where
>>> have the icons gone?
>>> Alistair

> but I agree with the sentiment!

just couldn't be bothered to look....

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10
to email me replace the obvious!

Alistair Macdonald

My omission: my apology. I run Windows XP Pro and Outlook Express 6.
Alistair

Gordon

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:33:49 +0000, Alistair Macdonald wrote:

> My omission: my apology. I run Windows XP Pro and Outlook Express 6.
> Alistair

Try this to see if it helps:
Repair OE and IE

Registered Linux User no 240308
Ubuntu 5.10
to email me replace the obvious!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Alistair Macdonald wrote:

> My omission: my apology. I run Windows XP Pro and Outlook Express 6.

View > Toolbars > ... check "Standard Buttons"

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Alistair Macdonald

Getting there. Carried out View> Toolbars> ticked Standard Buttons, and all
missing icons re-appeared. But once only. I couldn't create them as default.
Next showing - all gone again.
How can I hold them?
Alistair

Toolman Tim

In news(E-Mail Removed) domain,
Gordon spewed forth:
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:31:57 +0000, SJP wrote:
>

>> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed) ldomain...

>> but I agree with the sentiment!

> just couldn't be bothered to look....

I know what you mean...

Toolman Tim

In news:duupr9$ksb$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com,
Alistair Macdonald spewed forth:
> Getting there. Carried out View> Toolbars> ticked Standard Buttons,
> and all missing icons re-appeared. But once only. I couldn't create
> them as default. Next showing - all gone again.
> How can I hold them?
> Alistair

Turn them on, then close OE with File, Exit instead of the red X in the
corner. May help...may not.