Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox display window size shrinks

Firefox display window size shrinks

Richard Blaine

Here's one for Firefox gurus...

Running Win XP Pro fully updated, antivirused, anti spywared, fire walled,
Outlook Express v. 6.00. Firefox 1.5.0.1 is default browser.

If I click on a www link in an email, it opens in a full sized Firefox
window that immediately shrinks down to a one inch square in the upper left
corner of the screen. I can click the maximize icon to set it back to full
size but that's a real PIA.

How to fix?

Rick

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Richard Blaine wrote:

> Here's one for Firefox gurus...
>
> Running Win XP Pro fully updated, antivirused, anti spywared, fire
> walled, Outlook Express v. 6.00. Firefox 1.5.0.1 is default browser.
>
> If I click on a www link in an email, it opens in a full sized
> Firefox window that immediately shrinks down to a one inch square in
> the upper left corner of the screen. I can click the maximize icon to
> set it back to full size but that's a real PIA.
>
> How to fix?

Make sure all instances of Firefox are closed. Click on the email link.

Instead of maximizing the Firefox window (when it's the one-inch
square), drag it larger. Y'know, the usual way: put the cursor on a
corner, click and drag, and stretch it out to about three-quarter screen
size. Put the mouse on the window's title bar, and position it so that
the larger window is about mid-screen.

Then close it. Now, try to click on that link in your email.

In many applications, they remember the size they were last.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Blinky the Shark

Richard Blaine wrote:

> Here's one for Firefox gurus...
>
> Running Win XP Pro fully updated, antivirused, anti spywared, fire walled,
> Outlook Express v. 6.00. Firefox 1.5.0.1 is default browser.
>
> If I click on a www link in an email, it opens in a full sized Firefox
> window that immediately shrinks down to a one inch square in the upper
> left corner of the screen. I can click the maximize icon to set it back to
> full size but that's a real PIA.
>
> How to fix?

Drag it bigger. Maximizing it does nothing to reset the "Restore" size.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups