Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > 15 Great Mods from QuakeCON 2005 @ ThinkComputers.org

15 Great Mods from QuakeCON 2005 @ ThinkComputers.org

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Quote: “The annual LAN adventure known as QuakeCON swung into full gear again from August 11th to 14th down in sweltering Dallas, Texas. Not only is QuakeCON known for its overall lack of estrogen, caffeine-fueled sleepless nights, and world-wide game and product releases, but also its overabundance of both beige oldies and well done case mods in a Bring-Your-Own-Computer crowd of nearly 3000. Each case mod built on any countless number of hours spent slaving over a dremel and breathing in particles of aluminum and spray paint deserves its own spotlight of artistic masterpiece. However, since it is nearly impossible to cover the ground of all 3000 PCs at QuakeCON in search of every modded case, I have put together a presentation of only some of the best mods that could be found. I sat down with each of the builders for a brief interview in addition to photographing their cases and will now present an in-depth look at 15 of the best case mods found throughout the BYOC at QuakeCON 2005.”
Article URL: http://www.thinkcomputers.org/beta/h...s&id=13&page=1

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

some nice mods in there , i personally like the blue case too