Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Subnetting and 70-216

Subnetting and 70-216

myrt webb

I am working on 70-216. Some of my study references have a
lot on subnetting some do not.

What is the emphasis on subnetting on the 216 exam?

Glenn D. Crosse

I would count on some subnetting questions.
They will not be trivial ones either.
Glenn
"myrt webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:013c01c37f93$c298a6d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am working on 70-216. Some of my study references have a
> lot on subnetting some do not.
>
> What is the emphasis on subnetting on the 216 exam?

Webster

"myrt webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:013c01c37f93$c298a6d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am working on 70-216. Some of my study references have a
> lot on subnetting some do not.
>
> What is the emphasis on subnetting on the 216 exam?

On my 216 exam I had not one question on subnetting but tons and tons on
DNS.

Webster

MCSE World

Try a visit to http://www.learntosubnet.com/

And yes...you should know how to subnet and work with VLSM/CIDR for just
about all network infrastructure exams you take from here on out.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"myrt webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:013c01c37f93$c298a6d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am working on 70-216. Some of my study references have a
> lot on subnetting some do not.
>
> What is the emphasis on subnetting on the 216 exam?

Herb Martin

Some "subnettting" questions are disguised as "routing" or
"troubleshooting" problems so you may even hear people
claim "no subnetting" when it isn't so (and your exam may
vary so there may not be much anyway).

BUT subnetting is spread throughout the MCSE series and
you should just learn to do it well and get it over with now.

Then you will just get those questions correct on MCSE,
Net+, Cisco, or whatever exams.

You will even solve some real world problems if you work
in more than one network.

What's a routering subnet problem? How about the machine
isn't actually configured with an address on the same subnet as
it's "default gateway"? (Or vice versa, the gateway is wrong but
all of the machines are on a different subnet.)

DHCP questions can also be subnet questions in disguise since
a "DHCP scope" is really configured on a per subnet basis.

--
Herb Martin