Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 1993 TV reportage, about on a system called INTERNET ( video - clip)

1993 TV reportage, about on a system called INTERNET ( video - clip)

Hansi

I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
computers on a system called INTERNET.
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html
It is odd to watch when they say, that the INTERNET could have
theoretically up to 5000 members.
Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but
it seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com,
Hansi spewed forth:
> I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
> computers on a system called INTERNET.
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html
> It is odd to watch when they say, that the INTERNET could have
> theoretically up to 5000 members.
> Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but
> it seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.
>
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html

That was interesting - my, how things have changed <g>

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Hansi wrote:
> I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
> computers on a system called INTERNET.
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html
> It is odd to watch when they say, that the INTERNET could have
> theoretically up to 5000 members.
> Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but
> it seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.
>
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html

Somewhere about that time, probably a year or two earlier, I tried out
the Internet and decided it was okay. Before that, I'd heard about the
Internet and I remember telling other geeks "Why in hell would I want to
connect my computer to someone else's computer?". ****, I hate to say
it, but I met my wife over the internet and that was eleven or twelve
years ago. We did something that was almost unthinkable at the time, we
got together in real life. You wouldn't believe all the warnings against
such ill-conceived ideas we waded through.

Wish I could have gotten a discount on her though, there's a couple of
things I'm still not happy with.

Blinky the Shark

Rgr wrote:

> Hansi wrote:
>> I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
>> computers on a system called INTERNET.
>> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html It is odd to watch when they
>> say, that the INTERNET could have theoretically up to 5000 members.
>> Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but it
>> seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.
>>
>> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html
>>

> Somewhere about that time, probably a year or two earlier, I tried out the
> Internet and decided it was okay. Before that, I'd heard about the
> Internet and I remember telling other geeks "Why in hell would I want to
> connect my computer to someone else's computer?". ****, I hate to say it,
> but I met my wife over the internet and that was eleven or twelve years
> ago. We did something that was almost unthinkable at the time, we got
> together in real life. You wouldn't believe all the warnings against such
> ill-conceived ideas we waded through.
>
> Wish I could have gotten a discount on her though, there's a couple of
> things I'm still not happy with.

Or at least some feedback from epinions.com.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

philo

news(E-Mail Removed) ynet.net...
> Rgr wrote:
>
>> Hansi wrote:
>>> I found this TV reportage from 1993 about a few guys who work with
>>> computers on a system called INTERNET.
>>> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html It is odd to watch when they
>>> say, that the INTERNET could have theoretically up to 5000 members.
>>> Very interesting and fun to watch, although it is only from 1993, but it
>>> seems older, looking at the INTERNET now, and was it has become.
>>>
>>> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/internet.html
>>>

>> Somewhere about that time, probably a year or two earlier, I tried out
>> the
>> Internet and decided it was okay. Before that, I'd heard about the
>> Internet and I remember telling other geeks "Why in hell would I want to
>> connect my computer to someone else's computer?". ****, I hate to say it,
>> but I met my wife over the internet and that was eleven or twelve years
>> ago. We did something that was almost unthinkable at the time, we got
>> together in real life. You wouldn't believe all the warnings against such
>> ill-conceived ideas we waded through.
>>
>> Wish I could have gotten a discount on her though, there's a couple of
>> things I'm still not happy with.

<G>

That was a very interesting news item...
Even though I had some experience with computers back in the old days...
truth is that when PC's came out I was deathly afraid of them.

I recall that when my girlfriend got her P-1 in 1995 for $1600 (usd) I
thought she was crazy...
and no matter how hard she tried to get me to use it...I'd actually run out
of the room.

Eventually she and I broke up...and went our separate ways...But 18 months
later...I wrote her a letter and asked how she was doing.
She told me she had gotten a newer computer and asked if I wanted her old
one.

Since it was free...I took it of course...and I never knew at the time that
it was part of her diabolical plan to get us back together...
as she knew I'd be dependent on her for technical help!!!

Anyway...I got completely hooked on the computer...and her plan worked...We
got back together and things have been
great...way better than I ever could have expected...

You should have seen me the first time I ever went on the internet ...it was
hilarious...

My knees started shaking and I broke out in a cold sweat!!!!

I was sick to my stomach that I paid $100 for a whole year's worth of
internet service...
when it seemed I'd never be able to use it.

VHDL 2002 vs VHDL 1993 dude VHDL 1 03-23-2006 01:18 PM
1993 TV reportage, about a system called INTERNET ( video - clip) fufko@sbcglobal.net Computer Information 0 03-08-2006 08:57 PM
VHDL 2002 differences with 1993? Chuck Roth VHDL 2 09-23-2005 03:19 PM
Q Aptiva 1993 amd 333 ali usb wont recognz lexar jumpdrive Steven Moore Computer Support 3 11-01-2004 02:41 PM

Advertisments