Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE options - "never dial a connection" doesnt stick - returns to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present"

IE options - "never dial a connection" doesnt stick - returns to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present"

techman41973@yahoo.com

I am running Windows XP. Lately, I keep getting a dial-up connection
popup window, even though I connect through the internet mostly through
my wireless card.
I go into Internet explorer and select the option to "Never Dial a
Connection".
A few minutes later, the settings go back to the selected option of
"Dial whenever a network connection is not present"
I did a thorough scan using Adaware and Yahoo anti-spy, used the
program Hijack-This to search for unusual items, yet didn't find
anything.
Does anyone have some insight to what the cause may be?
Thanks

PA Bear

Are you also running Ad-Watch?

What other anti-malware apps might you be running which may be disallowing
the change (e.g., Spybot, SpywareBlaster, Spysweeper, Zone Alarm Pro)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

> I am running Windows XP. Lately, I keep getting a dial-up connection
> popup window, even though I connect through the internet mostly through
> my wireless card.
> I go into Internet explorer and select the option to "Never Dial a
> Connection".
> A few minutes later, the settings go back to the selected option of
> "Dial whenever a network connection is not present"
> I did a thorough scan using Adaware and Yahoo anti-spy, used the
> program Hijack-This to search for unusual items, yet didn't find
> anything.
> Does anyone have some insight to what the cause may be?
> Thanks

Bigbri

Go to internet connections and disable dial up

--
Bigbri