Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Back to yesterday?

Back to yesterday?

Sylvia M

I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
easy step...

I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's what
my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just go
back to 6 pm on 3/07.

I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well, and
I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.

Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.

Sylvia M

Oldus Fartus

Sylvia M wrote:
> I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
> yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
> easy step...
>
> I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's what
> my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just go
> back to 6 pm on 3/07.
>
> I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well, and
> I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
> 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
>
> Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
> yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
>
> Sylvia M

What a sad story Sylvia. Forget the system restore, go to HP's website
and download the driver for your printer.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

phrogee

"Sylvia M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
> yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
> easy step...
>
> I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's what
> my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just go
> back to 6 pm on 3/07.
>
> I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well, and
> I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
> 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
>
> Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
> yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
>
> Sylvia M

Take the advice of the Oldus Fartusman. There might even be newer programs
or drivers available for your printer model.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers

http://tinyurl.com/5dg6b

--
phrogee

Sylvia M

Oldus Fartus wrote:
> Sylvia M wrote:
>> I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
>> yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
>> easy step...
>>
>> I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's

what
>> my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just

go
>> back to 6 pm on 3/07.
>>
>> I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well,

and
>> I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
>> 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
>> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

in,
>> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

until I
>> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
>> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
>>
>> Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
>> yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
>>
>> Sylvia M
>>

> What a sad story Sylvia. Forget the system restore, go

> HP's website and download the driver for your printer.

Many thanks for that great advice!
Problem solved.
g'nite.

Sylvia

Sylvia M

phrogee wrote:
> "Sylvia M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I know that it is possible to send my 98SE back to
>> yesterday, but I need to find out how, preferably step by
>> easy step...
>>
>> I inadvertently uninstalled my printer, at least that's

what
>> my computer did, at about 7pm tonite, so maybe I can just

go
>> back to 6 pm on 3/07.
>>
>> I am not sure if this will reinstall my printer as well,

and
>> I messed up in a couple of other ways :-\
>> 1. I can't locate my HP Printer disc.
>> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

in,
>> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

until I
>> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
>> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
>>
>> Sorry to rant on, please just help me to get back to
>> yesterday, or 6 pm tonite.
>>
>> Sylvia M
>>

> Take the advice of the Oldus Fartusman. There might even

be
> newer programs or drivers available for your printer

model.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers

> http://tinyurl.com/5dg6b

Right!
I went back there again and printed out their advice re
'slow printing',
which is what started it all!

Sylvia

Walter Mautner

Sylvia M wrote:

> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it in,
> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so until I
> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.

*grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer (if it is a tower
model) after unplugging the mains.
Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it either latches in
again, or at least has the correct position.
Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least the screws you can from the
left side
Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Sylvia M

Walter Mautner wrote:
> Sylvia M wrote:

>> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

in,
>> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

until I
>> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
>> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
>>

> *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
> Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer

(if it
> is a tower model) after unplugging the mains.
> Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it
> either latches in again, or at least has the correct

position.
> Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least the screws

you
> can from the left side

Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
but couldn't access the drive.

old jon

"Sylvia M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Walter Mautner wrote:
>> Sylvia M wrote:

>>> 2. I just messed up my E (DVD/CD ROM) slot...pushed it

> in,
>>> and it must have come off it's mounting or slide, so

> until I
>>> figure that out, I wouldn't be able to use the HP disc to
>>> reinstall, even if I can find it, which I probably will.
>>>

>> *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
>> Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer

> (if it
>> is a tower model) after unplugging the mains.
>> Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it
>> either latches in again, or at least has the correct

> position.
>> Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least the screws

> you
>> can from the left side

> Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
> but couldn't access the drive.

As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

Sylvia M

old jon wrote:
> "Sylvia M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Walter Mautner wrote:

in,

until I

will.

>>> *grin* I guess you actually needed a punching ball?
>>> Carefully take off the left side cover of your computer

(if
>>> it is a tower model) after unplugging the mains.
>>> Firmly push the cd drive forward from the side, until it
>>> either latches in again, or at least has the correct
>>> position. Then, take a screwdriver and tighten at least

the
>>> screws you can from the left side

>> Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
>> but couldn't access the drive.
>>

> As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

Went to Dell URL, will get a DVD CD ROM CD write Rewrite all
for $69,
then take my broken CD ROM out and install according to
their directions )
Probly from he Left side

Sylvia

Sylvia

old jon

"Sylvia M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> old jon wrote:
>> "Sylvia M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> in,

> until I

> will.

> (if

> the
>>>
>>> Thanks, I'll try that...had the Right side off last nite,
>>> but couldn't access the drive.
>>>

>> As Walter said, try the LEFT hand side <g>.

> Went to Dell URL, will get a DVD CD ROM CD write Rewrite all
> for $69,
> then take my broken CD ROM out and install according to
> their directions )
> Probly from he Left side
>
> Sylvia
>
> Sylvia

You Left it a long time to come back <g>. Well done that girl.

--
bw..OJ

Connecting two 1601's back-to-back via serial interfaces Cyber-Soldier Cisco 1 11-20-2003 07:49 PM
back to back cable sbab Cisco 2 10-21-2003 01:09 AM
Configuring VPN through Cisco PIX and ISA Server in Back-to-back scenario Dejan Gambin Cisco 0 10-16-2003 01:53 PM
back-to-back with ISDN Fiber Optic Cisco 8 07-25-2003 07:33 AM
Cisco 2610 back to back serial connection problem - please help pandula Cisco 1 07-10-2003 01:21 PM

Advertisments