Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Beta Exam 71-298 Free Invite

Beta Exam 71-298 Free Invite

S. O'Brien

Just got this in the mail today... I don't have to take it as I only need
292 and 296 but just wanted people to knw the email is now out there.

Beta Exam 71-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft® Windows ServerT 2003
Network

Oh and for those of you who do not know... "You are invited to Exam 70-298
in its beta version. While in its beta version, this exam is numbered
71-298."

--
Sue MCNGP #69
http://www.mcngp.tk

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort."

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Herb Martin

Is a code required?

"S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkfqi1$2cf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got this in the mail today... I don't have to take it as I only need
> 292 and 296 but just wanted people to knw the email is now out there.
>
> Beta Exam 71-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft® Windows ServerT 2003
> Network
>
> Oh and for those of you who do not know... "You are invited to Exam 70-298
> in its beta version. While in its beta version, this exam is numbered
> 71-298."
>
> --
> Sue MCNGP #69
> http://www.mcngp.tk
> The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
>
> "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
> enough people to make it worth the effort."
>
> Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

S. O'Brien

the code is provided in the email so only those who receive the email/code
can take advantage of this offer.

--
Sue MCNGP #69
http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good
example." --Mark Twain

"Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9cYab.54308$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Is a code required?
>
> "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bkfqi1$2cf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just got this in the mail today... I don't have to take it as I only

need
> > 292 and 296 but just wanted people to knw the email is now out there.
> >
> > Beta Exam 71-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft® Windows ServerT

2003
> > Network
> >
> > Oh and for those of you who do not know... "You are invited to Exam

70-298
> > in its beta version. While in its beta version, this exam is numbered
> > 71-298."
> >
> > --
> > Sue MCNGP #69
> > http://www.mcngp.tk
> > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
> >
> > "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
> > enough people to make it worth the effort."
> >
> > Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Herb Martin

> > > Just got this in the mail today... I don't have to take it as I only
> need
> > > 292 and 296 but just wanted people to knw the email is now out there.

"S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkhr7d$kih$(E-Mail Removed)...
> the code is provided in the email so only those who receive the email/code
> can take advantage of this offer.

My question was "Is there a code?" (not "What is the code?")

So if there is a code and emails to specific individuals what was
your real purpose in posting this?

Those with a code received the email; those without cannot take
the exam.

S. O'Brien

"Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KZcbb.58028$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > need

there.

> "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bkhr7d$kih$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the code is provided in the email so only those who receive the

email/code
> > can take advantage of this offer.

> My question was "Is there a code?" (not "What is the code?")

I didnt GIVE you the code... so I answered your question that there was a
code and where it was shown.

> So if there is a code and emails to specific individuals what was
> your real purpose in posting this?

The OBVIOUS point to this post was to tell others that the exam is out there
and to watch for an email.

> Those with a code received the email; those without cannot take
> the exam.

If you want a chance to take beta exams, read the following link on the
invitation process:

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/m...tatus/beta.asp

--
Sue MCNGP #69
http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired,
your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want
a piece of me?'" (Robin Williams)

S. O'Brien

And if YOU want to take the exam look in this newsgroup for an email from
Megan Camp with the same subject line as this one. The post contains the
full email including the code...

"Herb Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KZcbb.58028$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > need

there.

> "S. O'Brien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bkhr7d$kih$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the code is provided in the email so only those who receive the

email/code
> > can take advantage of this offer.

> My question was "Is there a code?" (not "What is the code?")
>
> So if there is a code and emails to specific individuals what was
> your real purpose in posting this?
>
> Those with a code received the email; those without cannot take
> the exam.

Maestro

Those of us that are on Microsofts Beta list (and probably
some that aren't) know that you need an invitation to take
a beta exam. In your original post you made it sound as
if everyone was invited to take it if they wanted to.
Quoted below:

"Oh and for those of you who do not know... "You are
invited to Exam 70-298 in its beta version. While in its
beta version, this exam is numbered 71-298.""

I believe this is where the questions are coming from.

Tom Helms [MSFT]

The code that Megan posted in the newsgroups last week was for the 71-282
beta test.

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]

newsgroup purposes only."

"Maestro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:b46c01c38153$7ba93020$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Those of us that are on Microsofts Beta list (and probably
> some that aren't) know that you need an invitation to take
> a beta exam. In your original post you made it sound as
> if everyone was invited to take it if they wanted to.
> Quoted below:
>
> "Oh and for those of you who do not know... "You are
> invited to Exam 70-298 in its beta version. While in its
> beta version, this exam is numbered 71-298.""
>
> I believe this is where the questions are coming from.

S. O'Brien

was a quote to show the different exam #'s and what to relate to them... 71
vs. 70 in this case