Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Machines against the Humans

Machines against the Humans

john

The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its creators
will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.

Can you imagine why?

philo

"john" <-> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
> creators
> will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
>

> Can you imagine why?

That's illogical.
A computer is an inanimate object...as dumb as a door nail!

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org,
john spewed forth:
> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
>

> Can you imagine why?

It will do so because it is ****ed off about not having a native GUI?

Old Gringo

On Or About 3/7/2006 7:33:12 PM, Without Any Hesitation, Toolman Tim
Wrote The Following:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org,
> john spewed forth:
>> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
>> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
>>

>> Can you imagine why?

> It will do so because it is ****ed off about not having a native GUI?

Hi Toolman Tim;
I think I have one of those computers. It has been revolting ever
since I got it. <g>
--
Old Gringo
The Future Is Not What It Use To Be.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Old Gringo spewed forth:
> On Or About 3/7/2006 7:33:12 PM, Without Any Hesitation, Toolman Tim
> Wrote The Following:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org,
>> john spewed forth:
>>> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
>>> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
>>>

>>> Can you imagine why?

>> It will do so because it is ****ed off about not having a native GUI?

> Hi Toolman Tim;
> I think I have one of those computers. It has been revolting ever
> since I got it. <g>

LOL! I've had a few like that myself

Alexander Rogge

> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its creators
> will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
> Can you imagine why?

Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

Leythos

says...
> > The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its creators
> > will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
> > Can you imagine why?

> Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
> systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

I've seen everything on an AIX box fail, programs, users sessions, all
because of a badly configured tape backup solution. Nothing works
without fault, it's just a matter of time.

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Alexander Rogge

>>Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
>>systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

> Nothing works without fault, it's just a matter of time.

"Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. It was
software and cyberspace. There was no system core. It could not be
shut down."

Blinky the Shark

Alexander Rogge wrote:

>>>Linux is more scalable and reliable. All of the responsible computer
>>>systems run variants of Linux and Unix. It can't be shut down.

>> Nothing works without fault, it's just a matter of time.

> "Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. It was
> software and cyberspace. There was no system core. It could not be shut
> down."

The system core -- because, as just stated, there was none.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Whiskers

On 2006-03-08, Toolman Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org,
> john spewed forth:
>> The computer that will revolt against humans and try to destroy its
>> creators will not be based on Windows... but will be based on LINUX.
>>

>> Can you imagine why?

> It will do so because it is ****ed off about not having a native GUI?

Mine has four native GUIs installed; how many does it want? It can have
more, there are 100s to choose from, and they can all run at once if it
can't choose.

--
-- Whiskers

Including humans in landscape shots: good? 223rem Digital Photography 13 11-17-2005 08:41 PM
Computer Virus Spreads to Humans J Computer Support 20 04-02-2005 07:58 AM
Pigs are thankful just as humans are dh_ld@nomail.con DVD Video 3 01-17-2005 02:27 PM
PING: all puny humans brucie HTML 59 10-16-2004 05:32 PM
I think i Can humans catch it? may have the Sasser worm Virus billybronco Computer Support 4 07-02-2004 07:02 PM

Advertisments