Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to set Win XP Thumbnail size?

How to set Win XP Thumbnail size?

Pete

Hi

Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?

I can't find anything about it in the Help section.

Many thanks

me

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440c83fa$0$827$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
>
> I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
>
> Many thanks

i don't think you can change the size of the actual thumbnail
images(although i would not swear to that!),you can change the way they show
in the folder by going to VIEW at the top,and changing between
thumbnails,filmstrip,tiles,icons,list and details.

Zitty

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:440c83fa$0$827$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
>
> I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
>
> Many thanks

Get TweakUI -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

why?

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:54:03 -0800, me wrote:

>"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:440c83fa$0$827$(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
>> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
>>
>> I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
>>
>> Many thanks
>>

>i don't think you can change the size of the actual thumbnail

Not like this then www.google.com windows xp thumbnail size

Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com
Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com.
www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-21.html - 22k - Cached - Similar
pages

TweakXP.com - Thumbnail Size in folders
The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a
portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your
liking. ...
www.tweakxp.com/article36841.aspx - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

>images(although i would not swear to that!),you can change the way they show
>in the folder by going to VIEW at the top,and changing between
>thumbnails,filmstrip,tiles,icons,list and details.

Just wait intil Vista, it has a slider between details , icons ,
thumbnails and mixed version of them depending where the slider is
between the settings.

Me

why?

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:27:41 -0000, Pete wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
>size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?

www.google.com windows xp thumbnail size

Check for XP Home yourself.

Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com
Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com.
www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-21.html - 22k - Cached - Similar
pages

TweakXP.com - Thumbnail Size in folders
The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a
portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your
liking. ...
www.tweakxp.com/article36841.aspx - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

>I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
>
>Many thanks

Me

Donald Lessau

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:440c83fa$0$827$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?

If you want to quickly switch back and forth between different thumbnail
sizes (freely configurable), use the alternative file manager XYplorer.
-> http://www.xyplorer.com/

Don

me

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:54:03 -0800, me wrote:
>

>>"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:440c83fa$0$827$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set
>>> the
>>> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
>>>
>>> I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>

>>i don't think you can change the size of the actual thumbnail

> Not like this then www.google.com windows xp thumbnail size
>
> Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com
> Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com.
> www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-21.html - 22k - Cached - Similar
> pages
>
> TweakXP.com - Thumbnail Size in folders
> The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a
> portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your
> liking. ...
> www.tweakxp.com/article36841.aspx - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
>
>>images(although i would not swear to that!),you can change the way they
>>show
>>in the folder by going to VIEW at the top,and changing between
>>thumbnails,filmstrip,tiles,icons,list and details.
>>

> Just wait intil Vista, it has a slider between details , icons ,
> thumbnails and mixed version of them depending where the slider is
> between the settings.
>
> Me

Learn something new every day !

Pete

Thanks Don

OK - I remember now - I did it ages ago with TweakUI - a little add on from
Microsoft - see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

It installs in minutes and allows lots of other tweaks too.

There's also XnView (freeware as far as I know) which is something along
similar lines to what XYPlorer seems to be but obviously not part of the OS.

Pete

"Donald Lessau" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dujd7r$e9h$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:440c83fa$0$827$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set
>> the
>> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
>>

> If you want to quickly switch back and forth between different thumbnail
> sizes (freely configurable), use the alternative file manager XYplorer.
> -> http://www.xyplorer.com/
>
> Don

Donald Lessau

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:440d77aa$0$821$(E-Mail Removed) t...

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
>
> It installs in minutes and allows lots of other tweaks too.

Yes, but still you cannot one-click-switch between different thumb sizes in
milli-seconds as you can in XYplorer (which is a full fletched file manager,
not just a graphic viewer like XnView).

Don