Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dell support for sata controller

Reply
Thread Tools

Dell support for sata controller

 
 
Edward M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2006
8:55:22 AMSystemWelcome Ed...
8:55:22 AMSystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
8:55:22 AMSystemThank you for using Dell Chat, a representative will
be with you soon.
8:55:22 AMSystemInitial Question/Comment: I am trying to boot to scsi
device cannot find that option in Bios menu
8:55:26 AMSystemYou are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for
using Dell Chat
8:55:26 AMSystemConnected with Sandeep_01108539
8:55:31 AMSandeep_01108539Thank you for contacting Dell Hardware
Warranty Chat Support. My name is Sandeep_01108539. While I review
your question, may I know the complete name and telephone number with
area code, as per our records?
8:55:53 AMYou
8:57:01 AMSandeep_01108539Hi, Edward.
8:57:17 AMSandeep_01108539Thank you for the information.
8:57:33 AMSandeep_01108539While I review your records, let me inform
you that you might get an invitation to participate in a survey at the
end of this session. You would be asked to rate our interaction on a
scale of 1 to 9 with 9 being the best. In order to participate in the
survey, you must close the chat by hitting the "EXIT” button. Your
feedback would be greatly appreciated.
8:57:41 AMSandeep_01108539Please elaborate on the issue.
8:58:32 AMYouAm replacing the hard drive, I installed a new SATA drive
with controller, It will not give the option to boot in the bios
8:58:58 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
8:59:45 AMSandeep_01108539May I know what all option you see in boot
sequence?
8:59:56 AMSandeep_01108539Please do not worry I am here to assist you.
9:00:01 AMYoucdrom and hard disk
9:00:38 AMSandeep_01108539May I know are you trying to connect a
second hard drive to this computer?
9:01:20 AMYouno
9:01:27 AMYouprimary boot drive
9:02:10 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
9:02:38 AMYouI cloned the original drive
9:03:28 AMSandeep_01108539Edward, as I understand you are trying to
connect a SATA hard drive.
9:03:55 AMYouyes
9:04:16 AMSandeep_01108539I am sorry we do not have SATA connectors on
the motherboard.
9:04:40 AMSandeep_01108539These SATA connectors are required to
connect SATA hard drives.
9:05:07 AMYouthats why i installed a pci controller
9:06:44 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
9:07:38 AMSandeep_01108539Are talking about the Raid controller card?
9:08:04 AMSandeep_01108539Sorry for typo are we talking about raid
controller card?
9:08:26 AMYou
SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA /IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid

9:08:39 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
9:08:48 AMSandeep_01108539Have you bought it from Dell?
9:09:07 AMYouno
9:09:15 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
9:10:14 AMSandeep_01108539Do you have SATA connector on this card?
9:10:28 AMSandeep_01108539To connect the SATA drive.
9:10:44 AMYouyes
9:11:17 AMSandeep_01108539We can attach the hard drive, using this.
9:11:37 AMSandeep_01108539However, we need a SATA compatible power
supply.
9:12:13 AMYouIs the power supply not sata compatible ?
9:12:19 AMYouit works fine as a slave
9:13:00 AMSandeep_01108539Yes, the power supply is not SATA compatible
and you need to buy a new one to avoid any further issues.
9:13:24 AMYouso how can it work as a slave drive ?
9:13:59 AMSandeep_01108539Well I am saying this to avoid further
issues.
9:15:48 AMYouso it doesnt give the menu option in bios because the
power supply is not compatible ?
9:17:12 AMSandeep_01108539The hard drive that you added later is
connected to a power supply via a power connector.Is that correct?
9:17:26 AMYouno
9:17:47 AMYouhard drive connects to pc's power supply
9:18:03 AMYouthe ser cable connects to pci controller
9:18:10 AMSandeep_01108539All right.
9:18:55 AMYouso are there power supply issues ?
9:19:13 AMSandeep_01108539Do you see the new hard drive in System Set
up under the Drives option.
9:19:56 AMYounot when it is the single drive no
9:20:40 AMSandeep_01108539Ed do you want to have the Sata drive as the
primary Bootable drive.
9:20:52 AMYouyes
9:20:55 AMSandeep_01108539With Windows Xp installed in it.
9:20:58 AMYouonly drive
9:21:04 AMYouyes
9:22:23 AMSandeep_01108539Okay Ed If you look at the motherboard you
will see that where the IDE hard drive was connected is actually the
Primary IDE controller.
9:22:41 AMYouyes
9:24:56 AMSandeep_01108539The bios of the system is configured in a
way wherein it will take the boot device from the Primary IDE
controller or the secondary IDE controller(which is the CDrom
drives)Floppy drives only.
9:26:07 AMYou oh it took a long time to get to this
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bishoop
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2006

"Edward M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 8:55:22 AMSystemWelcome Ed...
> 8:55:22 AMSystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
> 8:55:22 AMSystemThank you for using Dell Chat, a representative will
> be with you soon.
> 8:55:22 AMSystemInitial Question/Comment: I am trying to boot to scsi
> device cannot find that option in Bios menu
> 8:55:26 AMSystemYou are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for
> using Dell Chat
> 8:55:26 AMSystemConnected with Sandeep_01108539
> 8:55:31 AMSandeep_01108539Thank you for contacting Dell Hardware
> Warranty Chat Support. My name is Sandeep_01108539. While I review
> your question, may I know the complete name and telephone number with
> area code, as per our records?
> 8:55:53 AMYou
> 8:57:01 AMSandeep_01108539Hi, Edward.
> 8:57:17 AMSandeep_01108539Thank you for the information.
> 8:57:33 AMSandeep_01108539While I review your records, let me inform
> you that you might get an invitation to participate in a survey at the
> end of this session. You would be asked to rate our interaction on a
> scale of 1 to 9 with 9 being the best. In order to participate in the
> survey, you must close the chat by hitting the "EXIT" button. Your
> feedback would be greatly appreciated.
> 8:57:41 AMSandeep_01108539Please elaborate on the issue.
> 8:58:32 AMYouAm replacing the hard drive, I installed a new SATA drive
> with controller, It will not give the option to boot in the bios
> 8:58:58 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
> 8:59:45 AMSandeep_01108539May I know what all option you see in boot
> sequence?
> 8:59:56 AMSandeep_01108539Please do not worry I am here to assist you.
> 9:00:01 AMYoucdrom and hard disk
> 9:00:38 AMSandeep_01108539May I know are you trying to connect a
> second hard drive to this computer?
> 9:01:20 AMYouno
> 9:01:27 AMYouprimary boot drive
> 9:02:10 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
> 9:02:38 AMYouI cloned the original drive
> 9:03:28 AMSandeep_01108539Edward, as I understand you are trying to
> connect a SATA hard drive.
> 9:03:55 AMYouyes
> 9:04:16 AMSandeep_01108539I am sorry we do not have SATA connectors on
> the motherboard.
> 9:04:40 AMSandeep_01108539These SATA connectors are required to
> connect SATA hard drives.
> 9:05:07 AMYouthats why i installed a pci controller
> 9:06:44 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
> 9:07:38 AMSandeep_01108539Are talking about the Raid controller card?
> 9:08:04 AMSandeep_01108539Sorry for typo are we talking about raid
> controller card?
> 9:08:26 AMYou
> SYBA SY-VIA-150 PCI SATA /IDE Combo Controller Card, Non Raid
>
> 9:08:39 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
> 9:08:48 AMSandeep_01108539Have you bought it from Dell?
> 9:09:07 AMYouno
> 9:09:15 AMSandeep_01108539Okay.
> 9:10:14 AMSandeep_01108539Do you have SATA connector on this card?
> 9:10:28 AMSandeep_01108539To connect the SATA drive.
> 9:10:44 AMYouyes
> 9:11:17 AMSandeep_01108539We can attach the hard drive, using this.
> 9:11:37 AMSandeep_01108539However, we need a SATA compatible power
> supply.
> 9:12:13 AMYouIs the power supply not sata compatible ?
> 9:12:19 AMYouit works fine as a slave
> 9:13:00 AMSandeep_01108539Yes, the power supply is not SATA compatible
> and you need to buy a new one to avoid any further issues.
> 9:13:24 AMYouso how can it work as a slave drive ?
> 9:13:59 AMSandeep_01108539Well I am saying this to avoid further
> issues.
> 9:15:48 AMYouso it doesnt give the menu option in bios because the
> power supply is not compatible ?
> 9:17:12 AMSandeep_01108539The hard drive that you added later is
> connected to a power supply via a power connector.Is that correct?
> 9:17:26 AMYouno
> 9:17:47 AMYouhard drive connects to pc's power supply
> 9:18:03 AMYouthe ser cable connects to pci controller
> 9:18:10 AMSandeep_01108539All right.
> 9:18:55 AMYouso are there power supply issues ?
> 9:19:13 AMSandeep_01108539Do you see the new hard drive in System Set
> up under the Drives option.
> 9:19:56 AMYounot when it is the single drive no
> 9:20:40 AMSandeep_01108539Ed do you want to have the Sata drive as the
> primary Bootable drive.
> 9:20:52 AMYouyes
> 9:20:55 AMSandeep_01108539With Windows Xp installed in it.
> 9:20:58 AMYouonly drive
> 9:21:04 AMYouyes
> 9:22:23 AMSandeep_01108539Okay Ed If you look at the motherboard you
> will see that where the IDE hard drive was connected is actually the
> Primary IDE controller.
> 9:22:41 AMYouyes
> 9:24:56 AMSandeep_01108539The bios of the system is configured in a
> way wherein it will take the boot device from the Primary IDE
> controller or the secondary IDE controller(which is the CDrom
> drives)Floppy drives only.
> 9:26:07 AMYou oh it took a long time to get to this


Technical "support"....a thing of the past.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2006
In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Edward M spewed forth:
> 8:55:22 AMSystemWelcome Ed...
> 8:55:22 AMSystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
> 8:55:22 AMSystemThank you for using Dell Chat, a representative will
> be with you soon.


You called DELL about a problem with hardware YOU added? Boy, is that the
definition of dumb or what?

--
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.


 
Reply With Quote
 
bmast17
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Edward M spewed forth:
>> 8:55:22 AMSystemWelcome Ed...
>> 8:55:22 AMSystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
>> 8:55:22 AMSystemThank you for using Dell Chat, a representative will
>> be with you soon.

>
> You called DELL about a problem with hardware YOU added? Boy, is that
> the definition of dumb or what?
>


well at least it was a computer part ... my housemate called Dell when a
pizza she ordered online had the wrong toppings ..........

 
Reply With Quote
 
Toolman Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2006
In news:Xns9784131B5E711zxymail@216.196.97.136,
bmast17 spewed forth:
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Edward M spewed forth:
>>> 8:55:22 AMSystemWelcome Ed...
>>> 8:55:22 AMSystemConnecting to server. Please wait...
>>> 8:55:22 AMSystemThank you for using Dell Chat, a representative will
>>> be with you soon.

>>
>> You called DELL about a problem with hardware YOU added? Boy, is that
>> the definition of dumb or what?
>>

>
> well at least it was a computer part ... my housemate called Dell
> when a pizza she ordered online had the wrong toppings ..........


lol! Nearest phone number...

--
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PCI - modem slot for SATA controller card? santafeumber@yahoo.com Computer Support 17 07-25-2006 12:02 AM
Using a PATA CD/DVD drive with a SATA controller & converter Daniel Prince DVD Video 5 07-14-2006 03:40 PM
IDE hard-drive into new SATA controller newrealityseries@aol.com Computer Support 5 04-28-2006 08:52 PM
Using a PATA cd/dvd writer with a SATA controller and converter Daniel Prince DVD Video 2 12-03-2004 09:53 PM
Hard drives - Can I mix SATA and non-SATA? John Smith Computer Support 5 10-08-2004 06:51 AM



Advertisments