Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best Bang for the Buck CPU supporting a Socket 478 Pentium 4 Needed

Best Bang for the Buck CPU supporting a Socket 478 Pentium 4 Needed

Arawak

Got this system on Woot.com and I am looking for the Best Bang for the
Buck CPU supporting a Socket 478 Pentium 4.
SFF motherboard (DTK's DEFT-865G)
-800MHz Intel NetBurst micro-architecture bus.
-Hyper-Threading Technology supported.

I will also need to buy some memory so any suggestions on type and
vendor appreciated. Hoping to get 1GB inless there is a bargain to get
2GB. Any other upgrade suggestions appreciated.

Memory supported:
Dual channel DDR Config consist of 2 DDR DIMM sockets
Support DDR400/333 DIMMs up to 4GB.
This is LAN party type extra PC so it doesn't have to have the best
components but I do need it to be able to do some graphic and video
editing.
Horrible integrated Graphics controller in 865G GMCH (whatever that
means), supporting 3D/2D enhancements. Accesses graphic data located
in system memory @ 2.7 GB/s (DDR333) or 3.2GB/s (DDR400).

MoBo has an AGP8X slot for a card which is NOT 3.3v.

Power Supply is only rated at 220W.
Only 1 extra PCI slot for upgrade.