Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > want windows explorer to display, not search

want windows explorer to display, not search

shortcake

I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.

It's making me crazy.

fred-bloggs

"shortcake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1141467568.765444.126320
@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

> I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
> like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
> on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
> instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
> open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
> the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
> change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
>
> It's making me crazy.

Try Kelly's fix (#18 right column)

fred

K-Man hater Duane

"shortcake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
> like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
> on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
> instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
> open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
> the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
> change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
>
> It's making me crazy.

I have never heard of this one. However, you might want to go to
Tools/Folder options/File types and select the *folder* icon in the list and
press the Advanced tab and see what the actions are for a folder. Mine has
explore and open as the actions.

Tools menu option at the top of the Explorer screen.

Duane .

Trax

"K-Man hater Duane <g>" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>"shortcake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...
|>>I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
|>> like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
|>> on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
|>> instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
|>> open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
|>> the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
|>> change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
|>>
|>> It's making me crazy.

|>I have never heard of this one.

In explorer hit CTRL-E

|>However, you might want to go to
|>Tools/Folder options/File types and select the *folder* icon in the list and
|>press the Advanced tab and see what the actions are for a folder. Mine has
|>explore and open as the actions.
|>
|>Tools menu option at the top of the Explorer screen.
|>
|>Duane .

Or maybe in the tools\folder options under View to "Apply to all
folders" after it's set up the way they want explorer.

To change the explorer view to two panes - Under View/Explorer bar,
select folder or ALT V-E-O

--
http://www.sobicsschool.com/fun/fun_game2.swf

shortcake

K-Man hater Duane <g> wrote:
> "shortcake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >I am running XP sp2 home with all updates. The computer is 3 mos. old.
> > like using Windows explorer to browse files and folders. When I click
> > on a folder in the right pane in tree view, the search window appears
> > instead of just displaying the contents. I can right click and choose
> > open or explore but can't I turn off the search action? I downloaded
> > the TweakUI that seemed appropo but without success. I also tried to
> > change the registry settings manually. Thanks for any help.
> >
> > It's making me crazy.

> I have never heard of this one. However, you might want to go to
> Tools/Folder options/File types and select the *folder* icon in the list and
> press the Advanced tab and see what the actions are for a folder. Mine has
> explore and open as the actions.
>
> Tools menu option at the top of the Explorer screen.
>
> Duane .

PERFECT! Thank you soooo much! Donna