Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spoof Google e-mails

Spoof Google e-mails

zamackie@yahoo.co.uk

I received the following on 1st February.

Is it real? Are you familiar with it?

David.

THE Google PROMOTION TEAM

North London Business Park (NLBP)
Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP

Tuesday, February 28 2006

Dear Lucky Googler,

WINNING GOOGLER

G o o g l e has set out and successfully organised a Sweepstakes
marking the end of the year 2005 anniversary. We rolled out over
£2,000.000.00 (Two million pounds) for our end of year Anniversary
Draws. Participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from
a wide range of web searchers (googlers) which we enjoy their
patronage.

The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching
personalised email addresses to ticket numbers. G o o g l e is now the
largest search engine and in an effort to make sure that it remains the
most widely used program, G o o g l e is running an e-mail beta test.
Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to ticket number
009695722664 with serial numbers BTD/8070447706/06 and drew the lucky
numbers 12-12-23-35-40-41(12) which subsequently won you £200, 000.00
(Two Hundred Thousand Pounds) as one of the 10 jackpot winners in this
draw. You have therefore won the entire winning sum of £200,000.00
(Two Hundred Thousand Pounds). The draws registered as Draw number one
was conducted in London, United Kingdom on the 30th of December 2005.
These Draws are commemorative and as such special.

By this winning notification and to file your claims,you are to make
contact with your designated agent who shall by duty guide you through
the process to facilitate the release of your prize. To file for your
claim please contact your fiduciary agent:

Richard Wells, G o o g l e Promotion Team
London, United Kingdom
Email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Phone: 703 194 3098 / 702 4015 907

You are advised to contact your fiduciary agent with the following
details to avoid unnecessary delay and complications: Your Name (in
Full), Country, Ticket Numbers, Serial Number, Lucky Numbers as
indicated in this winning Notification and Phone numbers.

Our special thanks and gratitude to Larry Page, co-founder/President
and his associates. We wish you the best of luck as you spend your good
fortune.Thank you for being part of this promotional award program and
for using our search engine.

Sincerely,

Bruce Mills
Google Promotion Team

Happy New Year:

NB: PLEASE NOTE! Any claim not made before ten (10) working days from
date of notification indicate that the winner has voluntarily
forfeited his/her winnings

Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try
it now!

DrCrock

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I received the following on 1st February.
>
> Is it real? Are you familiar with it?
>
> David.
>

> THE Google PROMOTION TEAM
>
> North London Business Park (NLBP)
> Oakleigh Road South, London N11 1NP
>
> Tuesday, February 28 2006
>
> Dear Lucky Googler,
>
> WINNING GOOGLER
>
> G o o g l e has set out and successfully organised a Sweepstakes
> marking the end of the year 2005 anniversary. We rolled out over
> £2,000.000.00 (Two million pounds) for our end of year Anniversary
> Draws. Participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from
> a wide range of web searchers (googlers) which we enjoy their
> patronage.
>
> The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching
> personalised email addresses to ticket numbers. G o o g l e is now the
> largest search engine and in an effort to make sure that it remains the
> most widely used program, G o o g l e is running an e-mail beta test.
> Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to ticket number
> 009695722664 with serial numbers BTD/8070447706/06 and drew the lucky
> numbers 12-12-23-35-40-41(12) which subsequently won you £200, 000.00
> (Two Hundred Thousand Pounds) as one of the 10 jackpot winners in this
> draw. You have therefore won the entire winning sum of £200,000.00
> (Two Hundred Thousand Pounds). The draws registered as Draw number one
> was conducted in London, United Kingdom on the 30th of December 2005.
> These Draws are commemorative and as such special.
>
> By this winning notification and to file your claims,you are to make
> contact with your designated agent who shall by duty guide you through
> the process to facilitate the release of your prize. To file for your
> claim please contact your fiduciary agent:
>
> Richard Wells, G o o g l e Promotion Team
> London, United Kingdom
> Email: (E-Mail Removed) Phone: 703 194 3098 / 702 4015 907
>
> You are advised to contact your fiduciary agent with the following
> details to avoid unnecessary delay and complications: Your Name (in
> Full), Country, Ticket Numbers, Serial Number, Lucky Numbers as
> indicated in this winning Notification and Phone numbers.
>
> Our special thanks and gratitude to Larry Page, co-founder/President
> and his associates. We wish you the best of luck as you spend your good
> fortune.Thank you for being part of this promotional award program and
> for using our search engine.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Bruce Mills
> Google Promotion Team
>
> Happy New Year:
>
> NB: PLEASE NOTE! Any claim not made before ten (10) working days from
> date of notification indicate that the winner has voluntarily
> forfeited his/her winnings

> Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try
> it now!

This is fake, do a whois on gogga.co.uk domain, you can judge for yourself

Vanguard

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...