Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > When I open laptop lid i have display then it goes away then comes back

When I open laptop lid i have display then it goes away then comes back

Ed

Just wondering why , when I open laptop lid i have display then it
goes away for a couple of seconds then comes back.
It is a Inspiron 1100.

Toolman Tim

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ed spewed forth:
> Just wondering why , when I open laptop lid i have display then it
> goes away for a couple of seconds then comes back.
> It is a Inspiron 1100.

Not at all uncommon. In fact, my desktop does the same thing coming back
from standby. I bet your laptop goes into standby when you close the lid -
that's typical for the Inspiron. It probably has the nVidia graphics adapter
in it, like my desktop.