Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Extra HDD, SATA or external Firewire?

Extra HDD, SATA or external Firewire?

Kenny

Thinking of adding an extra HDD mainly for backups and video editing. I
already have 2 IDE drives internally.
M/B has a SATA connector.
Should I buy a SATA drive and fit it internally or an external Firewire/USB2
drive?
What are the pros and cons of each?
Which, if either, will give me the fastest conversion rate from DV-AVI to
DVD?

--
Kenny Cargill

john

SATA will be far faster....

--
Disclaimer: This info is given "as is".
If you do not like the content or attitude of my posts,

news:du6os6$qvj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thinking of adding an extra HDD mainly for backups and video editing. I
> already have 2 IDE drives internally.
> M/B has a SATA connector.
> Should I buy a SATA drive and fit it internally or an external
> Firewire/USB2
> drive?
> What are the pros and cons of each?
> Which, if either, will give me the fastest conversion rate from DV-AVI to
> DVD?
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill

Meat Plow

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:36:26 +0000, Kenny wrote:

> Thinking of adding an extra HDD mainly for backups and video editing. I
> already have 2 IDE drives internally.
> M/B has a SATA connector.
> Should I buy a SATA drive and fit it internally or an external Firewire/USB2
> drive?
> What are the pros and cons of each?
> Which, if either, will give me the fastest conversion rate from DV-AVI to
> DVD?

Internal SATA

Kenny

Thanks for the replies.