Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > About to start studying for my MCSE and looking for advice.

About to start studying for my MCSE and looking for advice.

sean

Hi i sugest you get a program called virtual pc, it can
run a second operating system on top of one as a network.
then get a job any job payed or not as were you have
access to a network and get as much as expience on a
network as possible and try and get a copy of server03
anything at all to practice with at home, well good luck
any

Sean

and to be honest
>I'm more than a little daunted by the task ahead.
>
>I guess I'm essentially looking for guidance from those

who have
>successfully completed their MCSE. Whether it be advice

on the best study
>texts (MS Press or otherwise), links to useful websites

or Newsgroups, study
>methodology, really any tips you care to offer.
>
>The longest journey always starts with a first step and

this is mine. Any
>advie would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>

>.

Den

Thanks all for the advice. I'm lucky that I've been a hardware reseller
for a number of years so I have several PC's and pretty much any networking
hardware I need. The plan is to dual boot each PC with different client
OS (98SE, ME, 2K Pro, XP Home & XP Pro respectively) and then for the 3
highest spec PC's to run 2003 Server eval ed as well with maybe a 2K server
on one of the lesser machines. Hopefully this lab set-up will cover pretty
much any scenario permutation I am likely to encounter.

As suggested I will be using the Sybex study guides. I've grabbed a copy
of 70-270 but will have to wait until all the core texts are published (I
believe only 70-290 & 70-291 are currently available) before purchasing the
core set.

I've had a good browse through mcseworld.com and have no doubt that it will
be a useful resource for me.

Once again thanks all for the input, it is much appreciated.

Regards

Den

news:00b101c37dfb$3cf1d1d0$(E-Mail Removed)...