Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Burner Problems

Burner Problems

Oberon

When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
songs on a cd before it cancels its self.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

Jeff Evans

Oberon wrote:
> When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
> always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
> with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
> burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
> songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

What programs are you using? What burner do you have? What errors do
you get? I used to get "Power calibration error"s on my laptop, which
turned out to be a very common problem. Using higher quality media
helped in my case.

Oberon

Jeff Evans wrote:
> Oberon wrote:
> > When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
> > always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
> > with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
> > burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
> > songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

> What programs are you using? What burner do you have? What errors do
> you get? I used to get "Power calibration error"s on my laptop, which
> turned out to be a very common problem. Using higher quality media
> helped in my case.

I use Sony Sonic Stage and my mom and sister use EasyCD Creator and
Real Player cd creator option. We all get the same error, it simply
says it cannot read or write, depending on when it messes up. I'm
starting to think the M: drive it's self is broken.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Oberon wrote:
> When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
> always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
> with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
> burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
> songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

Try burning at a lower speed.

Oberon

Thanks I'll try that Brian

Oberon

And how might I go about that. I've never taken my computer apart and
I'm not sure my mom will let me now that I think about it.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Oberon wrote:

> Jeff Evans wrote:
>
>>Oberon wrote:
>>
>>>When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
>>>always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
>>>with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
>>>burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
>>>songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
>>>
>>>Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

>>What programs are you using? What burner do you have? What errors do
>>you get? I used to get "Power calibration error"s on my laptop, which
>>turned out to be a very common problem. Using higher quality media
>>helped in my case.

> I use Sony Sonic Stage and my mom and sister use EasyCD Creator and
> Real Player cd creator option. We all get the same error, it simply
> says it cannot read or write, depending on when it messes up. I'm
> starting to think the M: drive it's self is broken.

Have you ever cleaned the lens?
It could just be that the unit itself is shot, they are cheap enough
these days, a replacement might be the order of the day.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Oberon wrote:

> And how might I go about that. I've never taken my computer apart and
> I'm not sure my mom will let me now that I think about it.

You don't need to take anything apart, just buy a cleaner from your
local PC shop.
It is a cd with a bottle of cleaning fluid, you place a couple of drops
onto the brush on the cd , place it into the tray, close the draw and
let it spin a few times.
remove the cd, leave the tray open to a minute or two let the fluid
evaporate, and you should be good to go.

Plato

Oberon wrote:

> When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
> always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
> with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
> burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
> songs on a cd before it cancels its self.

How much space is left on C

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

fred-bloggs

"Oberon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1141168062.027588.306410
@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
> always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
> with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
> burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
> songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

Try a different brand of CDRs.

--
fred