Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP Activation Window does not load! please help

XP Activation Window does not load! please help

BorbaFett

when i start windows i am told i have to activate windows before i can
logon. so i choose yes, then windows loads for 2 seconds and brings me
back to the choose profile screen to start this process all over again.
it is like the file that loads the activation screen where you enter
your product key is missing. i have xp sp2. does anyone know what that
file is called? or how to get it to load back up? i did run this
program to "remove" the activation, and thats when the activation
product key stopped loading. heres what the program did:

del /s /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\idwlog.exe
del /s /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\wpabaln.exe
del /s /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\prefetch\WPABALN.EXE-337AF9CE.pf
regsvr32.exe -u regwizc.dll /s
regsvr32.exe -u licdll.dll /s
shutdown.exe -r -t 1
exit

i have put back the wpabaln.exe through the command prompt, but ther
was no idwlog.exe and no wpabaln.exe-337af9ce.pf file. either. please
help, i just need to get that screen back so i can enter my product key.

Trax

"BorbaFett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>when i start windows i am told i have to activate windows before i can
|>logon. so i choose yes, then windows loads for 2 seconds and brings me
|>back to the choose profile screen to start this process all over again.
|>it is like the file that loads the activation screen where you enter
|>your product key is missing. i have xp sp2. does anyone know what that
|>file is called? or how to get it to load back up?

The file run is: msoobe.exe it will create a WPA.DBL - Might delete
the wpa.dbl file and start over

Read:
http://www.licenturion.com/xp/fully-licensed-wpa.txt

--
Bout as weird as it gets
http://www.local6.com/news/7502034/detail.html

BorbaFett

i deleted the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak and it still doesn't load. i even
tried loading msoobe.exe via the command prompt and nothing happned.
msoobe.exe is right where its supposed to be. so im thinking it has to
do with those two dll files. how do you undo this:

regsvr32.exe -u regwizc.dll /s
regsvr32.exe -u licdll.dll /s

Trax

"BorbaFett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>i deleted the wpa.dbl and wpa.bak and it still doesn't load. i even
|>tried loading msoobe.exe via the command prompt and nothing happned.
|>msoobe.exe is right where its supposed to be. so im thinking it has to
|>do with those two dll files. how do you undo this:
|>
|>regsvr32.exe -u regwizc.dll /s
|>regsvr32.exe -u licdll.dll /s

regsvr32.exe <path if needed> regwizc.dll
regsvr32.exe <path if needed> licdll.dll

Will reregister these DLL's the /S at the end has no use (according to
regsvr32.exe /?) unless it's before the DLL, at which point it hides
any messages you might need to help you along.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q249873/

--
Bout as weird as it gets
http://www.local6.com/news/7502034/detail.html

Richard Blaine

"BorbaFett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> when i start windows i am told i have to activate windows before i can
> logon. so i choose yes, then windows loads for 2 seconds and brings me
> back to the choose profile screen to start this process all over again.
> it is like the file that loads the activation screen where you enter
> your product key is missing. i have xp sp2. does anyone know what that
> file is called? or how to get it to load back up? i did run this
> program to "remove" the activation, and thats when the activation
> product key stopped loading. heres what the program did:
>
> del /s /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\idwlog.exe
> del /s /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\wpabaln.exe
> del /s /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\prefetch\WPABALN.EXE-337AF9CE.pf
> regsvr32.exe -u regwizc.dll /s
> regsvr32.exe -u licdll.dll /s
> shutdown.exe -r -t 1
> exit
>
> i have put back the wpabaln.exe through the command prompt, but ther
> was no idwlog.exe and no wpabaln.exe-337af9ce.pf file. either. please
> help, i just need to get that screen back so i can enter my product key.

Try pressing the SHIFT key once in a while...