Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > universa application win*.tmp.exe

universa application win*.tmp.exe

mkson

Dear All,

It seems the problem has been solved

I checked by sorting following the date of problem appears with research
tools of windows xp

in my case was 22 february 2006 @ 16h00

I found in windows/system32 a .dll that i could not find any info on google
so it was suspicious !!
the name is winhab.dll but the name could be different following the pc
win???.dll which is called by winlogon.exe or winreg.exe

I found it in registry and changed the name

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\winhab32]
"Asynchronous"=dword:00000001
"DllName"="winhab32.dll"
"Impersonate"=dword:00000000
"Startup"="EvtStartup"
"Shutdown"="EvtShutdown"

than i could remove easely all duplicated win***.tmp files and suspicious
win***.tmp.exe files

"Universa application" executable is "A0032096.exe"

Hope this help to others to avoid use restore of windows

Thanks to all again

MKS